568A - 568B on NVR POE

mudmanc4

As I always do standard by wiring at 568B through the entire network, I'm having an issue I'm curious of. 

While setting up an 8 channel NVR my first cam refused to get an IP from the NVR subnet, or direct to the switch.

However POE was functioning while connected to the PEO switch as the IR's would power up.

I assumed I either wired the rj45's improper or pulled past the ~25lb limit of the cable and popped a wire (though common sense and experience tells me otherwise). I rewired the connectors, with no love. Ok, so I have a bad section in the cable (my test unit was left over an hour away on another job) In fact where I am running the very same units, two already installed no issues with 568B

I pulled a new line, wired 568B, same outcome.

With no real other options I could think of at the time, I went ahead and wired this run 568A, worked flawless.

Great, so I mount a second cam, pulled the run (very carefully) and wired it 568A and had the same issue as the 568B run. First things first again, replaced the rj45's with again no joy. While wiring this cam 568B, everything appears fine.

Same 1000ft spool, so it's not just one wire, and roughly 150foot each run well under max.

None of the above are PTZ cams, however I have several that will go in the network which are. Considering these units require an injector it should be twice the fun not knowing why this is happening.

Interestingly enough, I connected one cam via 568B pre made patch cables and everything went fine. Leads me to believe there is something very wrong with the spool, as in extreme inconsistencies in resistance throughout it's length, between #'s 4-5 and #'s 7-8

Or better yet, what facet of the networking twilight-zone am I in here? Anyone come across this issue in the past?

So let me simplify this.

586B would not work on cam #1

586A works fine on cam #1

Where 586A does not work on cam #2

586B works on cam #2

Only 596A works on cam #3 between POE injector and cam; where only 586B will work from POE injector to NVR

I have nick named the system Sybil

• 3 weeks later...
  • CA3LE locked this topic