Which Satellite Internet companies to stay away from in areas of Arizona??

nuisance1390

DO NOT subscribe to Hugesnet!!! DO NOT! They don't provide the speed they promise,  your data "vanishes" into thin air, even when it was physically impossible that you used it, the "customer support team" doesn't speak English, they will not pass you up to a supervisor, you will waste literally hours trying to make the service work, and then even after you prove that it doesn't, and they cannot fix it, you will still be obligated to pay an early disconnect fee to get rid of them. I've had them for 5 months, I've been on the phone with CS an average of once a week and could have been on the line with them daily, for all the good it would do...they can't answer your questions, they can't fix your service, they can't adjust your bill. Time spend with CS only leaves you more frustrated, and apparently they don't keep records on file about complaints, or pretend not to, because every time you call in you have to start back at the beginning and talk to several people who do not speak English and who cannot fix your problems. Switching to Hugesnet was possibly the worst decision I've made in years, it has nearly destroyed my ability to run my small business ( because i also have their phone service, which doesn't work randomly, and drops calls...this is was supposed to be a replacement for a landline service, not cell service. When have you ever heard of a landline service dropping calls?!?) I finally went out and bought a high power antenna so that i could just watch network TV, since with hughesnet I couldn't use HULU, NetFlix or Amazon prime...all of which I paid for! I even subscribed to PlayOn so that I could use the "free bonus data" available between 2 and 8AM to record shows to watch at a time when I would normally be watching TV ( because you literally cannot stream anything with hugesnet. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.) and during these supposed offpeak hours Playon couldn't get enough speed to record anything. Often it would shut off because speeds were too slow for it to record, other times it would spend 4-5 hours trying to record a 1/2 hour show, and it would be so pixilated that you couldn't make out figures or faces on the recording, leaving you with a soundtrack of a show but no actual show to watch. It happens all the time, as in every single day, regardless of the time of day. I have replaced both my computer and my TV to try and make this service operate even close to what they promise....hundreds of dollars, all for nothing. Nothing works with Hugesnet. There is no way to get actual help, and they know they have people over a barrel because they make you commit to a 2 year contract over the phone when you sign up, and you have to pay an absurd amount to cancel a service that just plain doesn't work and never will. This is a company that is ripe for another class action lawsuit, and God willing someone will start one and put these crooks out of business for good. This is no exaggeration, it's all true, and if you want to read more horror stories about them just type Hugesnet scam into your searchbar. WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

Hey @nuisance1390

Hughes network has such a bad name, Up here in Canada I am hearing about them... (and as far as I know, they don't provide service to us folks)

So that's definitely horrible...

A good starting point would be companies that don't do contracts ... if company don't do contracts, it is for one of two reasons... they believe there product is strong enough for you to stay or they believe they are aren't strong enough for people agree to contract cheap enough for you to try them out.

Dirt cheap = Bad service in the internet realm...

Companies who do contracts are usually due to competitors, and they don't want to have customers get up and leave, and usually these companies know about their own problems...

not sure if you actually want to do your own research but thought I'd give my input...

Any one in Cottonwood AZ area or know info about the area that wants to chime in?

On 11/29/2017 at 8:12 PM, nuisance1390 said:

I'm checking on different companies in the area of Cottonwood AZ and someone said stay away from Hughes Network System.  They will rip you off and won't let you out of the contract even if your speeds are so bad.  Need advice.  Thanks.

Actually I have Hughes and my service is so bad I'm running everyday the test every hour just to show them my service sucks.  If I have to I'm going to go to an attorney to get out of this lousy service.  Been fighting with them since the 3rd day of having them.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:04 PM, draftcrosshorses said:

DO NOT subscribe to Hugesnet!!! DO NOT! They don't provide the speed they promise,  your data "vanishes" into thin air, even when it was physically impossible that you used it, the "customer support team" doesn't speak English, they will not pass you up to a supervisor, you will waste literally hours trying to make the service work, and then even after you prove that it doesn't, and they cannot fix it, you will still be obligated to pay an early disconnect fee to get rid of them. I've had them for 5 months, I've been on the phone with CS an average of once a week and could have been on the line with them daily, for all the good it would do...they can't answer your questions, they can't fix your service, they can't adjust your bill. Time spend with CS only leaves you more frustrated, and apparently they don't keep records on file about complaints, or pretend not to, because every time you call in you have to start back at the beginning and talk to several people who do not speak English and who cannot fix your problems. Switching to Hugesnet was possibly the worst decision I've made in years, it has nearly destroyed my ability to run my small business ( because i also have their phone service, which doesn't work randomly, and drops calls...this is was supposed to be a replacement for a landline service, not cell service. When have you ever heard of a landline service dropping calls?!?) I finally went out and bought a high power antenna so that i could just watch network TV, since with hughesnet I couldn't use HULU, NetFlix or Amazon prime...all of which I paid for! I even subscribed to PlayOn so that I could use the "free bonus data" available between 2 and 8AM to record shows to watch at a time when I would normally be watching TV ( because you literally cannot stream anything with hugesnet. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.) and during these supposed offpeak hours Playon couldn't get enough speed to record anything. Often it would shut off because speeds were too slow for it to record, other times it would spend 4-5 hours trying to record a 1/2 hour show, and it would be so pixilated that you couldn't make out figures or faces on the recording, leaving you with a soundtrack of a show but no actual show to watch. It happens all the time, as in every single day, regardless of the time of day. I have replaced both my computer and my TV to try and make this service operate even close to what they promise....hundreds of dollars, all for nothing. Nothing works with Hugesnet. There is no way to get actual help, and they know they have people over a barrel because they make you commit to a 2 year contract over the phone when you sign up, and you have to pay an absurd amount to cancel a service that just plain doesn't work and never will. This is a company that is ripe for another class action lawsuit, and God willing someone will start one and put these crooks out of business for good. This is no exaggeration, it's all true, and if you want to read more horror stories about them just type Hugesnet scam into your searchbar. WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

I spoke with Hughes on December 2nd and they are letting me out of my contract for $105.00, which is better than the $350.00 they were stating.  the problem is the rep manager told me REYNA told me that in the Cottonwood area the service has NOT been working well for months now!!!!!!  So I get penalized for it.  but at least I'm getting the heck out of the internet serice with them.  THANK GOD.   Will keep you posted.   Just keep on calling them, ask for a ADVANCED TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM...