Notebook/Laptop question/suggestion

Swimmer

Holy cow that is on hell of a title...

Ok here is the deal... I know alot about Desktop and the good components that make a computer decent and what to stay away from... Now that I am starting college next year I am looking at replacing my desktop with a notebook/laptop. I have been looking around that the big name brands, HP/Compaq, Dell, Gateway/eMachine, IBM, and just for kicks Alienware... I am completly in the dark on this one...

Here is what I have put together based on some reviews from PcWorld and Cnet.com

HP zd7000

3.2ghz Pentium 4 with HT

Windows XP Pro

512mb ddr ram

60gb 5400rpm

DVD/CR-RW drive

17.0 Wide screen LCD

128mb Nvidia Go5700

That is about $1850

I like this one because it has a decent graphics card/solution which I hope will be able to play some games... The only real problem is that the battery life is really bad! :lol: This doesnt really bother me cause it is a desktop replacement..

If anyone has something that they really like please let me know!! you can email me, pm me, or just post here.. Thanks!!

That sounds pretty sweet....... but if it's pure performance you are talking about... you can't beat a desktop. Laptops friggen rule though.

++sigh++ wish I still had my laptop, my work took it away though :x ~ nothing better than a laptop with 802.11g or even 802.11b --- ahhhh, those were the days :rolleyes: