Telechoice cable part of Qwest?

Guest PeePs

Guest PeePs

Ok, I was just wondering this for a long time. I have the Qwest telephone service and the "Telechoice" Cable TV. My internet is also under the name of "Telechoice Online". At telechoice's webpage it's called "Qwest Choice TV & Online". Basically, I'm just wondering if Telechoice is part of Qwest, or if it's another company? The reason I wonder that is because I think I have only met one other person that actually has cable internet provided by "Telechoice".

US West built the Telechoice system back in the mid-90's.

And, as far as I know, it is part of Qwest. It came along when US West became Qwest.

You are one of the few to have Qwest cable modem service.

( I know someone is thinking "Qwest cable modem? Huh? )

Guest PeePs
I dont see it in the host stats, have u ever done any tests?, or does it go under a different name?

Yeah, I've done a lot of tests. I think it goes under "tconl.com". I don't see why more people don't have their cables. They are just as good, if not better, than the Cox cables in this area. My cable actually used to be on of the best deals around anywhere (I think) and then my speeds got capped lower or something. About 6 months ago i could dl at 1 MB/s and upload at 250 kB/s, all for $40 a month. Now I still get good speeds for $40......

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 4586 Kbps about 4.6 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 560 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Fri Apr 22 13:56:26 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 82X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.83 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 30.36 % faster than the average for host (tconl.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UDJARPYIV

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 645 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 79 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Fri Apr 22 13:56:59 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 12.96 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 48.96 % faster than the average for host (tconl.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KV73Y4H91

Here is a SS of my old upload speed  :(.

• 1 year later...

I just got Qwest cable modem service too....

My only problem is tracking down tech support, I call some numbers and they don't think they have cable modems and the other place I tried won't help me with my problem.

Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent to tconl.com tech support...thanks for the heads up and please let me know if you have any ideas.

"I just started my Qwest cable modem service and it works decently with one problem. I run a test for Xbox Live connectivity and receive an 'error' that the NAT is Moderate; With Cox cable service this test passed as Open (which is what I'm looking for). I have a Microsoft MN-700 router that is certified to work with Xbox Live and I even put the Xbox 360 on the DMZ of the router. My router is however picking up what I believe to be a local IP address from the cable modem itself. My best two guesses are 1) the cable modem has routing capabilities and is NATing the external IP to a local IP to give to my router, OR 2) the Qwest cable modem picks up a local IP from Qwest which then has a router that goes out to a live IP address. If the issue is number 1) could you let me know how to disable the routing in the cable modem so I can pass strait to my router, or if its 2) is there a way to get a live IP address or some other solution so that way Im not double NATing and causing issues with my games? I have already scoured the xbox support areas and from what they say my setup should be working fine. Thank you "

Go back to cox. Qwest Telechoice sucks. Has horrible ping and download spikes. And like you said it worked with cox. The only good thing about telechoice is the upload speeds for the money but even the uploads arent that consistant. How is telechoice in terms of speed/latency for you? Anyways try connecting directly to the cable modem to se if it works. Make sure all the DHCP settings are on auto. You might need to have the same mac address as your computer on yout xbox or change the same mac address as the computer on the router. Make sure you unplug then plug everything back up again after you try each different method.

weird...thought qwest only had dsl lol

Only in one place; Omaha, Nebraska.

It was a test back in the 90's with all the telecom de-regulation and so on.

Anyways, xceptional1, I would take viperc0n's advice, Cox rules.....

Wish I could help with your problem, I believe Qwest still uses an older proprietary modem system, not Docsis.