virus scans

i have mcaffe (er however you spell it) running...but like once a week i like to disable it and run a couple of the other onetime scans...sometimes (once in a blue moon) it catches something that mcaffe missed...i usually use housecall and symantec and also a spyware one too...and there was another one...but i can't remember what it was tha i used a long time ago...i thought it was avg...i used to use avg as my main anti-virus scanner...but then i got mcaffe...macafee...mcafey...mcafffie...mcafee...mmccaaffee...hahahaha

using AVG 7.0's free program and also downloading their Virus remover program they offer on the site as well is all you need.  AVG has yet to let me or i'm sure anyone else down who uses it.  But i myself also still run the ocassional housecall scan.

I put this in the other post but thought I would put it here in case anyone wanted to try it.

I decided to go to the Kaspersky site .Instead of a trial version I decided on the

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner Beta version 5.0.50.0

It is an online scan that works kind of like the Trendmicro scan.It was kind of slow but it didn't find any viruses in my PC.So I guess what I am using is keeping the viruses out.I just though Kaspersky might find one AVG didn't since it is supposed to be better.In my case it didn't find any which is great.

Heres a link for the scan for those that are interested.

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta?product=161744315

• 1 month later...