Mediacom in Clearlake, Ca

Relorian

I would have said is one of the best ISPs if it were not for their last month of service combined with the excuses from their local techs and their tech support in general.

Heres my story of Clearlake and its nice, monoply on the internet, mediacom.

About a month ago i noticed my speeds dropping. Concerned i called tech support. They looked at my modem and noticed my Signal to Noise ratio had gone drastical up and was interfearing with service. They schedualed a tech to come out and inspect the lines. This happened late at night so i put off my nightly websurfing and went to bed. The next day the tech never shows. I call in and find that he didnt bother showing up because someone at mediacom "misplaced" my tech request. Tech support resets my modem and it works for about a week and a half or so. But the speeds are constantly bad and i get dropped from 10pm till like 4 am.

After a week of getting increasingly slower and slower speeds i once again call in. Once again they schedual a tech to come out and they tell me my modem needs replacing so thats going to be done free of charge. The tech gets here and procedes to tell me my modem doesnt need replacing, theres no problem. I tell him what the tech told me and he grugingly replaces my modem. That fixed the problem for approx. 3 days.

Then the net goes totaly out. Nothing, not even a connection.  I called their tech center 4 times before i got a tech that didnt hang up on me or put me back in hold because he didnt feel like dealing with a call. (i made a complaint of this by the way). I get told my SNR is once again very poor but that everyone in my area is experiancing the same thing. I figure they must be fixing it and i wait 2 days.

I called back in today and was told that they dont have a clue as to whats causing the problem. They told me they think that because the weather is getting colder at nights the lines are some how getting more noise from it. Having spoken to the line tech not more than 5 minutes before (He was at a neighbors house, addressing the SAME issue as i was having) i told the tech what i know and he told me that they still had no clue. I went back and spoke to the line tech and was told that they have NO clue at all whats going on nor how to fix it. He told me it was the temp of the lines and that were 2 years behind in upgrades and that they were not going to be fixing the lines at night when they had a problem but they would look into them durring the days when there are no issuse.

So this brings me to right now. Its 11:36 PM. Ive once again got no internet. It stalled out and lag dropped about 20 minutes ago. Another call to tech support has yielded me Nothing. Ive got another work order which im sure will be "Filled" in the same maner my last one was. Honestly if i had any other choice i wouldnt use MediaCom after this.

-Dissatisfied in Clearlake

• 1 month later...

An Update on MediaCom Clearlake.

Well after going through a whole lot of calling and writing their tech support Ive still got no answers why their service was poor for about a month straight. Its been working fine for the past 3 weeks but the problems are starting again.

Last night i was offline with a very poor SNR all night.

Honestly i wish there was another cable company here because with as poor of service mediacom has i honestly dont know why i pay them 50 bucks a month just to be online for a week straight then have a two week to a month span of sub-56k speeds.

• 7 months later...

Its been over a year with marked problems here and there. Ive come to the conclusion that Mediacom eather doesnt care about the Clearlake area or is so poor in this area there not going to do anything.

Ive got a tech comming over Monday to look at my once again sub-56k speeds and probily once again switch the modem out and claim that was the problem. Honestly if i had any other choice for cable or DSL in this area i would chose it in a second over Mediacom. Hell even AOL DSL would be more stable.

• 6 months later...

Here we go again. It seems that atleast twice a year my speed drops and mediacom has no clue whats going on. Ive lost nearly 2/3 of my total download speed. Ive gone from close to 5 megs down to 1.5 megs but the upload speed remains the same. ive made contact with tech support but it does no good because even the techs dont have a clue as to whats goin on in my area.

Im getting REALY tired of Medicom... Delivering on the promise my left buttcheek.

Seems Mediacom only supports those areas where they have competition. I have over 1700 test in the database here and only a few measure up to their advertised speed. Cable companies are considered a "public utility"...... Just think if ya only got 50% of the electricity you were paying for.. such as 60volts vs 120volts.

[not-fair]

share-LHO9CMYBP&dual=yes&q2=36RE9DQIM