Jump to content

Blako

Sophist Member
  • Content Count

    455
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Speed Test

    My Results
  • Days Won

    2

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    Blako got a reaction from mudmanc4 in testmy.net [email protected] team   
    I won't be gpu folding until the nights drop below 70 sorry, 21 Celsius. But I am running my new i3 2100 for half the day and it appears I'm getting early return bonus points on uni-core projects (32 day deadline: completed in 8 days). For example 380 point per day base. 1300 ppd after bonus if running 24/7. 500 ppd If its only running half the day.

    Php running 6 clients in past week.
  2. Like
    Blako got a reaction from CA3LE in tcp optimiser and speeds   
    I am on a 10 mbit connection. If I start a download from a server thats a little busy and is only sending me data at 6mbit/sec then the other computers in the house have 4mb/s available. The faster your connection the harder it is for you to find a server that can fully utilize your capacity. If I get a server sending me data at 99% of my capacity the other users have 1% left.

    The TCP optimiser (which changes RWIN) has been explained in the following way: Consider you have to move a pile of dirt from one side of the yard to the other. If you fill your wheelbarrow to the brim you will make less trips but if you loose control and spill its going to be a big mess. On the other hand you can make many small loads where any accident is going to be relatively small.

    RWIN is the amount of data in bytes that can be downloaded withOUT confirmation of arrival at your end. By increasing RWIN you receive more data before saying "I got that delivery, send another one". If your on a 30mb/s line then open TCP optimizer move the slider to 30mb, select the network adapter your currently using (wireless/NIC), then at the bottom select optimal and apply.


    Mind you that if your provider is have problems then all the tuning in the world won't fix their messed up network. What company are getting your internet from? speedtest.net will tell you your best case while testmy.net will tell you when there is a problem.
  3. Like
    Blako got a reaction from mudmanc4 in tcp optimiser and speeds   
    I am on a 10 mbit connection. If I start a download from a server thats a little busy and is only sending me data at 6mbit/sec then the other computers in the house have 4mb/s available. The faster your connection the harder it is for you to find a server that can fully utilize your capacity. If I get a server sending me data at 99% of my capacity the other users have 1% left.

    The TCP optimiser (which changes RWIN) has been explained in the following way: Consider you have to move a pile of dirt from one side of the yard to the other. If you fill your wheelbarrow to the brim you will make less trips but if you loose control and spill its going to be a big mess. On the other hand you can make many small loads where any accident is going to be relatively small.

    RWIN is the amount of data in bytes that can be downloaded withOUT confirmation of arrival at your end. By increasing RWIN you receive more data before saying "I got that delivery, send another one". If your on a 30mb/s line then open TCP optimizer move the slider to 30mb, select the network adapter your currently using (wireless/NIC), then at the bottom select optimal and apply.


    Mind you that if your provider is have problems then all the tuning in the world won't fix their messed up network. What company are getting your internet from? speedtest.net will tell you your best case while testmy.net will tell you when there is a problem.
×
×
  • Create New...