Jump to content

Onira

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Speed Test

    My Results

About Onira

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Unfortunately, it already shows 1 Gbps. Just to clarify, I have no issues with multithread downloads (Steam, for example, gets close to the ~90 Mbps that arrive to my router, and the same goes for multithread speed tests), it's only an issue with singlethread downloads, which have never been an issue even when in the recent past the problem seemed to be different: yes, the speed was not on par with multithread speed tests, but it never felt "capped", it was just very fluctuating. I personally don't recall any settings change I did to anything network related in these last few months, and
  2. Hey, sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I don't know who else could help with this. There are some news. The problem seems to be most definitely in my OS. Both my phone and a friend's PC with Win 10 as well do perfectly fine on the Singlethread test. What's interesting is that on my PC as well, with a Linux installation, everything works fine, but on Win 10 it is somehow capped at 10-15 mbps constantly, depending on the site: here on testmy.net, for example, as I can also see through task manager, it is permenantly at 9.9 mbps or so, no fluctuations whatsoever
  3. This is all the System tools -> Statistics page shows. Not sure if it has what you ask for. I tried to look everywhere else on the modem page but i saw nothing about frequencies, nor did I find any info related to my specific modem model.
  4. Hi @mudmanc4, thanks for your post. At the time I just bought whatever i found without really making any particular research - i had to replace my previous cable which got damaged. Would it have been better to go for a cat5e? Not at first; however, after some months and a few calls about the issues, Telecom (the infrastructure owner) checked the wiring on their part and, on their suggestion, i had new wiring to bypass the old one so I could get it as close as possible to the room where the PC is. What frequencies are you referri
  5. Somehow the results today manage to be even worse. I gave up on the 200 MB test cause it was taking way too long. Amazing. Anyway my setup is as follows: connection directly into Modem/Router (TP-Link TD-W9970), then Cat-7 table into a Pci-E network card (TP-Link TD-3468). This has been the same for pretty much a year or so, when I already had similar issues which then got fixed, even not for much time. Just to be sure, I also tried connecting my PC through Wi-Fi but the results are pretty much similar. I'll definitely go for a call to my ISP on monday and see what
  6. Hi, thanks for the answer! I ran a few multithread tests (forgot at first to switch to London server) and I'd say that sadly it's what I've been expecting, 10-12 Mbps, considering I'm getting about a 30 elsewhere on Telecom Italia's Rome server. This really leaves me wondering, what's different in Steam (and who knows, maybe something else? Can't really say though) that manages to get to the max cap while the speedtests themselves, even multithread, give way lower results? Anyway, the low results even on multithread are quite recent and I'm inclined to believe that the situati
  7. Hello testmy.net community! For the last 2 years i've been having a difficult love/hate relationship with my ISP. I live in a rural area in Italy and haven't had access to even the most basic ADSL up to 2016 or so, but then things changed and I had the luck to get a VDSL2 connection, a 30 mbps line which got upgraded to 100 a few months later. However, for the last 18 months or so, i've been having recurrent issues about the effective speed of my connection. I started having doubts when on Twitch.tv (i'm just using Twitch as example as it's a renowned streaming website) I woul
×
×
  • Create New...