I had avast running so I uninstalled that. Also, I thought cleaning the fan would help, so I did that. In addition, I tested without NordVPN running. This all increased my speed to what I am supposed to get through the test on the browser. The standalone test suprisingly gives 40mbps lower! Can't say for sure which of the above solved the problem.
I will monitor the performance further but it seems speed is quite sensitive to the NORDVPN. Maybe will post later about that.
(All my grandparents from Ireland, Sligo, Galway, Cork---Kellehers(2), Higgins, Mulvaneys. I became an Irish citizen and visited relatives in Ireland about five years ago. The green is real! Thanks again.)