I don't get it *confused*

water

We currently have 3 cats who own us. (Everyone who owns cats... must realize at some point that we are truly the pets in the relationship)

They, of course, love certain people foods. Isis loves Ice Cream, she'll sit and wait for it even after it's gone.

All 3 love American Cheese.

Thoth will eat everything the bigger cats do.

Now, we have recently discovered that Isis adores turkey. She likes it more then the other two do, but they will eat it as well. Osiris and Thoth love ham. The thing that concerns me, is that Osiris will turn into the demon spawn cat when he eats it. Nothing else affects him this way, not even cat-nip. Does anyone here have any idea why a cat would get so freaky after eating ham? Some sort of endorphin in it?

We have two cats. This christmas the big one was eating all the food and not letting the other cat eat. So we took up the food for the day and the next day we put it down and everything was ok. The cat is eating the way he is suppose to, and leaving some food for the other one now.

I also have noticed that after they eat they go wild. Mostly at night. I think they do that to burn off the food.

is it raw or cooked? if cooked, check the ingredients to see if there is any funny stuff in it, google the brand and crazy cat to see if anything turns up?

It's your basic pre-packaged processed ham. I cook it in pineapple slices, the juice, brown sugar and cloves. I can't see any ingrediants that are the same from brand to brand. But it only affects the one cat this way, not the others ...

I just had to take in another cat - it was that or it would get run over by a forklift - some idiot brought it to a warehouse where I worked for a few days. It likes to chase forklifts and had allready used up about 95 of its nine lives. His name is MOSI - Navajo for cat.

He is a riot!!!!

God should take care of me cause I sure as hell am taking care of all his cats

I just had to take in another cat - it was that or it would get run over by a forklift - some idiot brought it to a warehouse where I worked for a few days. It likes to chase forklifts and had allready used up about 95 of its nine lives. His name is MOSI - Navajo for cat.

He is a riot!!!!

God should take care of me cause I sure as hell am taking care of all his cats

Osisris was on his last day at the humane society before we were given him by my GF who does side work as a vet for them. We told her we wanted a little kitten, we ended up with Thoth and osiris (who was 3 months then).

Best thing that ever happened, he certainly livens it up around here!

Osisris was on his last day at the humane society before we were given him by my GF who does side work as a vet for them. We told her we wanted a little kitten, we ended up with Thoth and osiris (who was 3 months then).

Best thing that ever happened, he certainly livens it up around here!

see water...i knew i liked u...now i know why...i love anyone that likes/loves cats...

i know that different breeds react differently to certain things...

have u asked ur vet friend what she thinks...

what type/breed r ur cats?

if i find anything that my cats react funny to somethingi don't give it to them again...just like with people they can have a reaction or illness but more than likely will manifest as a behavior of some sort...

lysol and pinesol are extremely toxic to cats also the swiffer solutions...but the lysol and pinesol have to be rinsed off and the swiffer stuff just has to dry before they walk on it...(why did i tell u that cuz i tell anyone that will sit still while i say it :) ...k i'll shut up now that i've said nothing in 500 words or less :P

i'm gonna google for toxic foods for cats...or food allergies in cats...

oh u know what...check his teeth...maybe he got a piece stuck...cats act really crazy when their teeth hurt

edit...some links for waterRTBH:

http://www.petalia.com.au/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=257

http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm

http://www.envtox.ucdavis.edu/cehs/TOXINS/cats.htm  read the first paragraph in this one then read the ingredients in ur ham

also this one speaks directly to the cloves u said that u used...it's long but very interesting...cloves contain phenols which r toxic to cats...read the paragraph titled "other essential oils"...

http://www.messybeast.com/teatree.htm

I like tdawnaz suspected the cloves if not this another link mentioned sodium nitrate I bet the ham has this or some nitrate like potassium nitrate.It could just be the sodium itself cats can have kidney problems.I would suggest trying this cat on some regular pork like pork chops & see its reaction.If it doesn't cause any then it must be something in the ham processing.

see water...i knew i liked u...now i know why...i love anyone that likes/loves cats...

i know that different breeds react differently to certain things...

have u asked ur vet friend what she thinks...

what type/breed r ur cats?

if i find anything that my cats react funny to somethingi don't give it to them again...just like with people they can have a reaction or illness but more than likely will manifest as a behavior of some sort...

lysol and pinesol are extremely toxic to cats also the swiffer solutions...but the lysol and pinesol have to be rinsed off and the swiffer stuff just has to dry before they walk on it...(why did i tell u that cuz i tell anyone that will sit still while i say it :) ...k i'll shut up now that i've said nothing in 500 words or less :P

i'm gonna google for toxic foods for cats...or food allergies in cats...

oh u know what...check his teeth...maybe he got a piece stuck...cats act really crazy when their teeth hurt

edit...some links for waterRTBH:

http://www.petalia.com.au/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=257

http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm

http://www.envtox.ucdavis.edu/cehs/TOXINS/cats.htm

• 8 months later...

i would /expect/ some affection from my cat if i left him locked in the basement without food or water for 4 days.

*grins* I forgot about this thread. We never lock our animals up in the basement :-P . We have real people come over to the house everyday if we are on vacation and they play with them and give them attention. It's important, the cats have grown to expect that they will be spoken to and petted, it would be unfair to leave them without it.

Gosh! I SO forgot about this thread! The cats all are doing well and we have semi-adopted some strays that still stay outside. Until I can afford to get them shots and neutered it will have to be that way, but I am doing my best. :)

So....tell me.....is there a diffrence between getting confused .....and having a blond moment.....I'm a guy so I wouldn't know...9 well at least till UPS comes for the package I'm a guy)

:-P

yeah the difference is when I say blow me, I know it's gonna happen!

So....tell me.....is there a diffrence between getting confused .....and having a blond moment.....I'm a guy so I wouldn't know...( well at least till UPS comes for the package I'm a guy)

some guys ARE blonde moments...some guys are just confused about blondes...most guys are just wrong ;) ...muah :P

:-P

yeah the difference is when I say blow me, I know it's gonna happen!

and that my friend is the blonde advantage :D