DW6000 slow speed question!!

dman58

It seems that my Dway is horribly slow tonite!!  I'm running at about dialup speeds.  I hate Dway & Satmex 5!!!    :angry5:  Anyway, got a question....I noticed on my dish outside that the lens on the horn pointing toward the dish has gathered moisture.  It is fogged up pretty good.  Maybe it's been like that all along & I just haven't noticed but not sure.  Is that normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks for any help!

You should definately be concerned! I think you can take the feedhorn off and clean the transmitter somehow.

The feedhorn is not need, it's purely decorative. When I took mine off not too long ago, I found a wasps nest in it. If you take yours off, make sure your dish isn't transmitting!

Also, if you have signal, your speeds shouldn't be affected too much. How many failed transmissions do you have? If you have a lot, that could slow you down. As fikester said, Sat Mex 5 has been having a lot of problems with speed during not only peak hours but any time of the day.

My signal strength is 66 right now but we have some light showers.  It is usually at about 75 or 76. 

So what I'd need to do is unplug my modem and then take the feedhorn off & clean the moisture out?  If I do that is there any way of sealing it better so it won't draw moisture again?

I don't know about that. It's a bitch to get off, and a bitch to get back on. I would leave it off if I was you. I don't know how to clean the moisture out of the plastic cover thing, mine didn't have that problem. I would just take it off, see if you can clean it, and if it's not too much of a problem, put it back on.

Yes, make sure unplug your modem. You also might as well try to tighten the dish, there's always a chance that it got moved, it wouldn't hurt.

I think I'll give it a try tomorrow & see if there's a way to clean it out.  I checked my transmissions and right now SS is 70; there are no failed transmissions; no frames with errors & no bad key frames.  Everything seems to be ok on that end of it best I can tell but last speed test I ran was 115 connection speed & 14 down.

I guess it may be just wonderful Dway!!

It's got to be the sattelite. I don't see why speeds would be slow otherwise. I don't think moisture would affect the speed before the signal.

What's your rate code?

to check type "http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html" without the quotes  into your broswer and on the first page it should say "rate code" somewhere on there.

The rate code is "10".  Is that what it should be?  I broke down & sent an email to Dway to see if they could tell me anything. I dread the thoughts of talking the TS (hello my name is Rasheed but you can call me John).

I forgot you were on the 6000, but yeah, I think that's the right one for it.

What package do you have? If you had pro, you could get level 2, which is much better than their level 1.

I forgot you were on the 6000, but yeah, I think that's the right one for it.

What package do you have? If you had pro, you could get level 2, which is much better than their level 1.

I'm on a 6000...and my rate code is 1 seems like a big diffrence ...which one is better..??

I don't have the pro plan.  I've been thinking about going to the 7000 though w/pro plan.  I'm not sure I want to make the commitment again.  Keep hoping DSL will eventually come.  Told it was 6 months away for the last 3 yrs.  Think I ought to give up?