Bright House Tampa Bay rings in a very Happy New Year to most customers for 2006

Guest thecableguy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thecableguy

do u work for Brighthouse?

Do you work for Verizon? :haha:

I normally don't jump into bed on the first date...let's get to know each other a bit

better before we start askin personal questions.

Do a google news/web search on Bright House for yesterday and you will find the

same article....

Cheers!

Do you work for Verizon? :haha:

I normally don't jump into bed on the first date...let's get to know each other a bit

better before we start askin personal questions.

Do a google news/web search on Bright House for yesterday and you will find the

same article....

Cheers!

Whoa relax.. :whaa: just wonderin becuase u were posting some stuff about brighthouse being so great and all

BTW its about time they do somethin about there rediculous rates

check out my high quality roadrunner

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 649 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 79 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Sat Dec 10 2005 00:18:47 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB download in 12.96 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 15.02 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MYZJKSC2O

Guest thecableguy

Whoa relax.. :whaa: just wonderin becuase u were posting some stuff about brighthouse being so great and all

BTW its about time they do somethin about there rediculous rates

check out my high quality roadrunner

Connection is:: 649 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 79 kB/s

Test Time:: Sat Dec 10 2005 00:18:47 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB download in 12.96 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 15.02 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MYZJKSC2O

Where in my post did you see the word GREAT used even one time about Bright House?

Where in my post did you see the word GREAT used even one time about Bright House?  I clearly stated that what i was posting was from a cable trade rag that I read last night.  Through selective reading it appears that you may have interpreted the post as such but go back and read it again.  Bright House is a good company not saying that they don't have their share of bad apples but every company does, it's the overall experience that counts.

Now back to your RR issue.  Those stats are not good.  You should have been on the phone the very minute that started, requesting a tech.  If you are expecting them to call you, think again, they don't monitor your single connection 24/7 for trouble.  But they will no doubt get someone out right away (time factor taking into consideration the holidays) to help you with that and offering you the appropriate credit for service lost (if they don't remember to offer it, ask for it!).

Happy New Year!!!

o okay watever

Happy new year

this connection is hopeless..its next door neighbors..they really dont care if i use it but i tried speeding it up but it never is stable.  Sometimes im running at full 5Mbps then sometimes well most of the time i get below 1Mbps

Connection is:: 469 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 57 kB/s

Test Time:: Sat Dec 10 2005 01:09:57 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB download in 17.96 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 10.86 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OYRANL2EB

why does the next door neighbor not care? is he aware of your use? is it over an unsecured wireless? if so, and he knows you use it, why not arrange to have him set up wireless security. that way you can prevent others from leeching from the connection as well. that might help speeds.

Nope the connection is open.  Define "aware".  I use it about a hour a week and never dl anything with it. 

Pretty good for free Internet  ;)

Yeah there's probably not a whole lot you can do about that.  There are so many things that interfere with b/g signal, so much that runs over the same frequency, both inside the home and out.  Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about not reaching my cap, if I were in your situation.

You should be very cautious if your neighbour is not "aware" because there can be very severe consequences if you are caught.

they wouldnt report me if i they found out i was using there connection becuase my parents are pretty good friends with them

aware

adj 1: (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing realization or perception; "was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit" [syn: aware(p)] [ant: unaware] 2: bearing in mind; attentive to; "ever mindful of her health"; "mindful of his responsibilities"; "mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action" [syn: mindful] [ant: unmindful] 3: aware or knowing; "a witting tool of the Communists" [syn: witting] [ant: unwitting] 4: (usually followed by `of') having knowledge or understanding; "our youth are cognizant of the law"; "I am well aware of his limitations" [syn: cognizant, cognisant, well aware(p), aware(p)] [ant: incognizant] 5: alert and fully informed; "politically aware"; "a knowing collector of rare books"; "the most...technically aware of the novelists under thirty"- W.S.Graham; "surprisingly knowledgeable about what was going on" [syn: aware(p), knowing, knowledgeable]

Source: WordNet

does he know and agree to the fact that you use his connection.

does he know he can protect his connection from people that use it over the unsecured wireless.

and imo running speedtests on the connection /is/ downloading stuff...

um...how should i say this...NO

Guest thecableguy

hey, fallowearth. does your level mod have access to the ip tested from? if so how about a public service like informing the isp that this guy might want to set up his wireless security... your first good deed for the new year.

I agree.

You failed to disclose that it was your neighbor's wifi you were "borrowing".  You really didn't expect to get much better over a run of the mill wifi connection and if their router is a Netgear, you are lucky to get any signal at all.  Before complaining about a providers service make sure you are the subscriber.....otherwise you really don't have much to complain about now do you?

i was complaing about the rates not just for internet but for cable TV as well. 

Guest thecableguy

Geez relax im not a hacker

By definition you are....unauthorized access to a network (wireless or wired) is a violation of both state and federal law.  Florida recently made a flaming example of just such a case.  The only difference between you and that perp is that instead of being in front of the house in a car, you are the neighbor next door.

they wouldnt report me if i they found out i was using there connection becuase my parents are pretty good friends with them

That's what I figured, but I would still be sure that you do have his consent, just to CYOA.

hey, fallowearth. does your level mod have access to the ip tested from? if so how about a public service like informing the isp that this guy might want to set up his wireless security... your first good deed for the new year.

I fail to see my responsibility to do this.