Xbox live messes up my connection

jthm5611

comcast recently gave me a new netgear modem/router combo unit and when i play halo2 on my 360 people i dont usually play with enter my party and cause me to lagg out. Then my connection is down on my computer and xbox for about 2 minutes. Im thinking it may be this new modem router combo but not shure. Then when i lagg out, on my computer it says a network cable has been unplugged in the taskbar. It makes me mad and comcast has been really dumb and keeps telling me to powercycle my modem but now they say it has something to do with my cable signal not being high enough and some technicians are gonna fix it. I am fed up and need some clues on how to fix it.

Alright..  For some reason this sounds like some one might be plugging your connection with some type of attack.. and then comcast pulls the plug to prevent massive amounts of bandwidth to plug the node.  The power cycle my guess would issue a new ip to you, my guess is.  So to fix this... I dont know that Netgear makes a combo unit.. I know that Motorola does and I have told people to stay away from it. The more you try and make hardware do the more problems you are going to have.  Put the model number up here and maybe there is a config page that you can access and make some changes to the firewall settings..

Netgear can be picky... I know that Comcast was installing netgear for a short period of time when the service first came out... I had a friend who decided to allow the "pros" to install it and not buy it himself.    However, I do believe they are now using Linksys gear..