Comp. Restarting On Its Own

BlazingSpeed

Ok......my friends computer just keeps restarting by it's self. He gets a message saying windows did not start right blah blah blah...Pick one Start in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with DOS, or he can pick Start windows from last good configuration. No matter which one he picks, the windows loading screen comes up then it restarts. We tried hitting the F2 and F12 keys but nothing happens. We got it to stay on only by putting in his xp disc and trying to start it from that....any help on how to stop it

so what did it do the first time it had the problem or dont we know?

I also like the ram idea they can actualy work "loose", also check the other plug ins and if nothing else start unpluging the usb's, printers and such. then try the hammer

As PiMp mentioned, if you have the computer sitting directly directly on carpet, it could be a static issue. Computer compnents like RAM, harddrives, video cards, etc. really don't like static. Try putting a piece of would or plastic (vinyl) between the computer and the carpet. Though this may not fix the damage already done, it may help the static to lesson and perhaps let you startup. I personally took one of the shelves in my computer desk and use it like that.