How fast can you boot to your desktop?

ROM-DOS

How fast can you boot to your desktop?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How fast can you boot to your desktop?

• under 20 seconds
    • under 1 minute
    • under 2 minutes
    • over 2 minutes

like 33 processes

. . .if your referring to me ~ NO ~ JUST 30 (right now, connected - at actual startup I have 29 background services running) ~ my AV(7 scaners), Spybot-Resident teatimer and Ad-Aware - Ad-Watch are included and sitting in my system tray.

I could speed it up further, but I believe in giving Windows at least a 5 second window ~ lol

for my new system, https://testmy.net/forum/t-10735.msg105879;topicseen#msg105879 I am predicting boot times of sub 5s ;)

lol ~ you know that might be possible ~

. . .try the ~ Enabling super prefetch in Windows XP SP2 tweak!

One of the many claims Microsoft makes for Windows Vista is that it will launch applications 15% faster than Windows XP does currently. This is done through improvements in the Prefetch functionality. There's no need to wait until Vista arrives; this improvement is already in Windows XP thanks to Service Pack 2. It just needs to be turned on.

To enable super prefetch:

Use a registry editing tool  [start > Run > type; regedit > hit OK]

navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerMemory ManagementPrefetchParameters

Insert a value with the following details:to create a double-word (DWORD)

right click on

lol ~ you know that might be possible ~

. . .try the ~ Enabling super prefetch in Windows XP SP2 tweak!

One of the many claims Microsoft makes for Windows Vista is that it will launch applications 15% faster than Windows XP does currently. This is done through improvements in the Prefetch functionality. There's no need to wait until Vista arrives; this improvement is already in Windows XP thanks to Service Pack 2. It just needs to be turned on.

To enable super prefetch:

Use a registry editing tool to navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerMemory ManagementPrefetchParameters

Insert a value with the following details:

Before this gets too wacked, I'll point out a couple of articles that say it's all bunk.

http://bink.nu/Article4556.bink

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000863.html

. . .the couple of articles are referencing the same un-quotible and basically un-substantiated remark that Mark Russinovich may have said, . . .but do you think he or microsoft would really admit to it? ~ I don't think so.

There

So it works well and you reccomend installing it?

I have it installed and moved the shortcut for Bootvis to my startup menu. I run it once a week. If you install Bootvis, just click on the trace tab and click on optimize system. You also have the ability to make changes to 7 items in the left pane and save them for each time you run the program.

TheHalf