Direcway tweaks?

mccormick30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried almost every direcway tweak I could find...and none of them did a thing...

They used to work on the 4000, but the 6000 and 7000 self hosted systems are a totally different monster....

I think it's starting to come down to how well it's installed and what satellite you're on, and of course how good your computer is.

are you meaning that a top of the line computer is needed to achieve problem free service with Dway?  :?:

That and the spyware, but not "problem free". Direcway actually works fastest with an out of the box computer.

Every company has problems. My friends dsl company sent them a bad modem first, and now the new one doesn't even work right.

Running 3 different ad-ware programs, up to date virus scan, as well as a firewall....get good speeds all day then slow in the evening.....I'm very confident my problem as well as many users is not the PC to blame here.

If a person gets good speeds at anytime of the day....how can it be the PC or the dish pointing to blame?

Running 3 different ad-ware programs, up to date virus scan, as well as a firewall....get good speeds all day then slow in the evening.....I'm very confident my problem as well as many users is not the PC to blame here.

If a person gets good speeds at anytime of the day....how can it be the PC or the dish pointing to blame?

I never said it was the PC to blame 100%. Have you used Dway on a computer with windows 98 installed?  It's slower than shit. That's the computer's fault.  ;)

Did I ever say that if you get good speeds during the day and slow during the evening was your computer's fault? I said that it depends on how good your computer is, I should have been more exact and said that it works on a newer OS.

If a person gets good speeds at anytime of the day, then it's definately because of the satellite you're on. Remember, not every satellite is working great.There aren't many users who have good speeds any time of the day. There are very little to no users with the 7000 happy on the sat mex 5 right now.

When I first got the DW6000 I had a few problems....several months of good service until I upgraded to the 7000. Using same frequency. same sat,same PC, same OS......Direcway was in a big hurry to get the hole shot on WB, now it seems they cant fix  the mess?

When I first got the DW6000 I had a few problems....several months of good service until I upgraded to the 7000. Using same frequency. same sat,same PC, same OS......Direcway was in a big hurry to get the hole shot on WB, now it seems they cant fix  the mess?

Who told you they can't fix the mess? I went from 30k failed transmissions to 9 in a half a week. I went from not being able to upload at all to getting 204kbps in a half a week. They seemed to be able to fix that, didn't they?

Ive been waiting since 12/01/05, all I get advertised speeds early morning thats it.....I see a case # and hear "engineering is working on it", "not sure how long it will take".  :bs:  Have they quit selling the 7000 ......no, everyday they just keep loading the transponders up. Obviously they do not have a fix or they are not wanting to spend to make it happen. Satmex 5 has had problems for how long ? ....are they paying? 

Ive been waiting since 12/01/05, all I get advertised speeds early morning thats it.....I see a case # and hear "engineering is working on it", "not sure how long it will take".  :bs:  Have they quit selling the 7000 ......no, everyday they just keep loading the transponders up. Obviously they do not have a fix or they are not wanting to spend to make it happen. Satmex 5 has had problems for how long ? ....are they paying? 

It's going to take time (as everything does, espcecially when it's new).  Do I disagree with the payment options? Yes. Is it better than dialup? Yes. Is it more expensive than dialup? Yes. Is it the only option? No, but the Wildblue's speeds won't last forever and there are actually a few customers with problems. Nothing is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you want to know the trick?

What is your crosspol reading.

Peak your recieve and crosspol on the dish and watch it scream.

The best thing you can do for comp tweak is to uncheck autodetect in ie and tweak out for a lan.

My crosspol barely passes and I get just about the fastest speeds of anyone I've seen on the 7000 (not counting speed bursts). There are many people that download 131-133 kb/s, including me,  in the morning, that's about the fastest you're going to see Direcway going, I don't call that "screaming".

Do you want to know the trick?

What is your crosspol reading.

Peak your recieve and crosspol on the dish and watch it scream.

The best thing you can do for comp tweak is to uncheck autodetect in ie and tweak out for a lan.

I'm running 77 for signal and 71 for xpol and my speeds are still crap... I'm tweaked too...

what sat are you on,  ( check the system info page.)

it will say something like 83 west 89 west ect...

what is your zipcode.?

I don't know if you were talking to me, but check my signature for mine.

Last time I ran the auto crosspol test I got a 61, which I heard is barely above passing. I'm not going to take the chance of running it again until I'm confident that I'll pass. I heard that if you don't you have to call tech support and get them to force it through, which is something I dont want to do.

My Zip = 47448

Amc 3 for zip 47448

Transponder SuperPod Viterbi Rate 10K 1150 1  2/3

Minimum Operating SQF 37

2Nominal 69

SQF 3Maximum 91

ACP Minimum 60

Isolation  30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

satmex im michigan...

Transponder SuperPod Viterbi Rate 14K 1230 3  7/8

Minimum 62

Operating SQF 2Nominal 81

SQF 3Maximum 98

ACP Minimum 60

Isolation 30

depending on your dish .74 (oval) or .98 (round)

here in michigan you should hopefully see around a

(.74) 80 recieve and 75 crosspol

(.98) 90 rec and 80 cp.

this would be optimal and is sometimes not reachable.

Let me leave you with this ....

I live 45 minutes from byron center, and may be able to help you out. nothing is guarnteed other than it will cost you some cash to get me there.

another thing that can be a factor occasionally is the type of cable used. some techs use the cheaper 2.2ghz or forbidden 900 mhz cable. direcway standard is 3.0ghz or better swept. depending on the lenght of your cable run you could see some performance increase there.