Help! (Windows XP sp2)

Decade

I just downloaded and installed/updated my computer to Windows Sp2.  It installed and then the message comes up that you have to reboot.  I rebooted and the computer starts up again normal and then shows the XP screen (black with the blue bar goin across) and then after that shows a black screen for about 5 secs and then very quickly it flashes a blue screen and i think it has some writing on the very top of it but it is way to quick to even get a glimpse of what it says.  Then the computer reboots its self and it goes through the same process over and over.....

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Its about a 5 year old HP Pavilion Desktop....Its been working fine....wonder what happened and how to resolve this.

well it rebooted about 6 times and I got tired of it, and I didnt want my older brother to walk in and start yelling at me that it wasnt working so i just like turned it off...should I try again? and just let it keep rebooting?

I hope I can get this fixed....this year just keeps getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 1    Family came home to find my older brother had moved out when my parents told him not 2

Jan 2    My dad's buisness burnt down (it was sad seeing it in flames) we were all like crying (no insurance on it, policy had expired a couple of months ago and we never renewed it)

I wonder whats up with Jan 3

K ill try to reboot in safe

yeah, but what do i choose...

Safe Mode, w/networking, w/command prompt

enable boot logging

enable vga mode

last know good configuration(your most recent settings that worked) I tried this one and it didnt work

Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)

Debugging Mode

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows normally

Reboot

Return to OS Choices Menu

yeah, but what do i choose...

Safe Mode, w/networking, w/command prompt

enable boot logging

enable vga mode

last know good configuration(your most recent settings that worked) I tried this one and it didnt work

Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)

Debugging Mode

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows normally

Reboot

Return to OS Choices Menu

try just safe mode and see what happens

I left it on for about maybe at the most 8 minutes, im not sure, but ill go start it up and if im still awake in about 15 ill check on it.

So after you left it on, did it go through and start up normally?  Did you leave sp2 installed or did u do like system restore to take it off?

mine was from something else not sp2 but i have sp2 installed so it has to be something similar.  also dont leave it on overnight doing that.  you need bart pe and you can probably fix it cause my friend did that to my other pc for me and fixed my blue screen.  i'll find out how to use it and get back to you tomorrow sometime.