Building for speed

lorne

Ya a big case is a good idea. The problem with the air cooling solution is it creates noise. And noise sucks!!! I have 5 fans in my case. 1 intake, 1 gpu, 1 cpu, 1 exaust, 1 ps exaust. I can not leave my computer on while i sleep cause it is kinda loud. I know i can get a fan controller but i dont want one. With a liquid cooling system the noise factor is really low. i think there is only 1 or 2, at the most, 80 or 120 mm fans that cool the radiator. Not only that but a water cooled computer is my dream cause with the case that mort recommended has a side window. You can add a solution that make the liquid glow under black lights. I think that would top off any type of computer! Also you could leave the computer on for alike all day and the case temp and every thing else would stay really low. Good for the components! My system, 2000 xp+ with 40gb wd hd, 327 pc133 ram, and graphics card in a slk 2600amb runs at 11C at the intake and 22 at the exaust. The cpu runs at arround 44c at idle and 51ish under full load. With liquid cooling i think it could be running around 35ish at idle and 40ish at full load. Leading to the chip rinning smoother. I dont have an overclocked computer by the way.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the place for the dye that looks the sweetest

http://www.directron.com/waterdye.html

As for the actual cooling system. You can get any system you would like. As of right now i dont know of any one who makes a 940 cooler. You would have to buy the adaptor from Koolance and their amd cooler. These kit run about 150 to 300 dollars for a decent one.

) Guys,

I was in Reno last month and a friend has that setup

with the glow coolant, now I wasn't high or anything but I sure thought I was,, it kinda took me back to the black lite psychedelic days,its really hard to describe, if you haven't seen one ya gotta.(its worth the price of admission ha ha)my friend was also telling me about a different setup EVEN BETTER! a newer deal from someone,he is really into this stuff and its one of the coolest setups I have seen.Now if I could only talk the wife into a few mods....

8) microwave

lol niiiiiiice

this is now the biggest thread I have ever had...

By the way, thank you all for all the posting, very good to see my forums getting put to some use!

we have a little under 1000 posts to date and a large amount are from this month only :-D ~~~~ I'm not so lonely anymore :lol: ~~ and I will need more mods soon :wink: ~~~~ because hopefully this forum grows to the point where it is impossible for me to read and answer everything. :-D And as i have said before... the snow ball is rolling down the hill and growing fast....

D ca3le guy,

I know its really tha sh@#$% I remember a couple of months ago I posted a HELLO thread to say wuz up out there! Its been to cool recently to watch all tha activity,cool ideas being "talked" about and massive amounts of gray matter being consumed.In my mind theres only one reason thats happening,cause this site is so trick,no BS nothin comes close on the net! There aint a site out there that comes close to being half as good as

www.testmy.net SO every one should bookmark the new site and fasten your seat belts.BTW where is mrp ? Freezing his ass off in Sedonia?ha ha.

cant wait to see it happen,thanks.

D microwave

oOo glowing water in a liquid cooled setup! But you need a clear hose for the cooling water so you can SEE the glow. And yah, this place does need more people. And hah, this PiMPuter will be baadass when it's done, I should've gone for liquid cooling instead of fans cuz it's pretty noisy, and I've maxed my OC on this rig. BTW My System specs are now in my sig, so HAH bow to my TBred 1700+!

Mort

Hey for all of you that dont want to spend about $5000 Tigerdirect.com is offering a kit soyo dragon system for 719.99. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=698407&Sku=S450-4111%20BK&CatId=1218

Kit specs:

400-Watt power supply,

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor,

Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR memory,

Seagate 120GB hard drive,

256MB DDR AGP8X video card fx 5200,

DVD+/-RW drive,

a cooling fan,

keyboard and mouse.

and an Antec looking case.

Not bad for 719.99!

No OS INCLUDED!!! SO pay the $90 for an oem version or you can do it the other way.

For the PimP computer can i suggest a different case. ANTEC Performance PLUSVIEW LE (Limited Edition) Model PLUSVIEW1000AMG LE - with Side Window Snap-On Fan Clips & Antec Case Straps Retail. It is the same case as i believe mort suggested accept it has a window fan and window vents. also it comes with the strap on case carrier so that you can take this pimp machine to all the lan parties that you will now be attending.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-134&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Ok when some on says OC it means Over Clocked. That is by setting the voltage mutipliers in the bios you can get the processor to run faster clock cycles. You can also change the front side bus of your system to run faster the the spec. Improving proformance.... However, this leads to extreme heat!! Most OC machines are liquid cooled or have some massive heat sink with a fan that moves some where in the relm of 45-55 cubic feet per minute. the stock fan moves about 22-25 for amd and i am not sure about the intel active coolers. I dont have an overclocked chip so i have never done this procedure before. I do know that chip makers are starting to "lock" their chips or make them really hard to over clock. Asus is known for added extas that make overclocking easier and safer. I personally dont recommend this but i think that mort has an OC machine.