Norton AntiVirus vs. McAfee VirusScan

ch34p5hot

i was a die-hard Norton/symantec user until the latest 'security suite' which proved to be nothing more than a bloated memory-hungry load of crap. I tried Kaspersky under the recommendations of a few posts on here & it has proven superior to old Norton (mcAffee cannot even begin to compare=gypsy software).

We are using the 2006 Beta from Kaspersky on a plain-jane XP SP2 box & highly recommend it.

-JxL

Any programs similar to Webroot's Spy Sweeper?  Ive been using that on my old desktop but yeah it makes it veryyyyy slow, alot faster with it closed.

There's Spyware Blaster which prevents spyware from being installed. If you install Spybot Search and Destroy it also has a list of things that it protects you against. Then Ad-aware and Spybot for manual scans against spyware and should be OK. Another program that is close to Spy Sweeper is Microsoft Anti-Spyware.. It was in Beta and it was free (don't know about now), but if you search on google or on download.com it will pop up probably ;)