Decrypting DVD's

metallic82

Hey all, just wondering if anybody has some ideas on sw for copying DVD's to get past some protection. I currently use DVD shrink, and DVD Decrypter. Lately I've come across more and more disks that DVD Shrink won't read, and if I use DVD Decrypter first, all I get is the special features. Recently I've also tried DVD Region + CSS Free, also with no luck.

I also have a mac running 10.4, (currently no classic compatibility)  it only has a 4x Superdrive, but if you know of any good programs for the the mac that may work I'm happy to try them as well.

This thought jumped into my mind, why on Gods green earth would you ask something on an OPEN FORUM that is illegal.  Even if we answered your question, we would be accessories to your crime, and well I dont have that kind of cash just sitting in my sock for a rainy day!  My suggestion would be buy the damn movie, hell when it first comes out they are on sell at walmart, target, and kmart.  If you search you can find them cheap from alot of e-tailers (check pricegrabber.com)

Of course one could argue that well "I own the DVD and I want a backup, have you seen how a 2 year old handles DVD's?" but the simple parenting response should be to smack that little kid if they scratch it or better yet the adult thing to do is to take care of your stuff and you wouldn't need a backup copy, or in this case a copy of probably a blockbuster rental (or maybe netflix?)  either way, you shouldn't ask for information on how to remove protection from something that is COPYRIGHTED, to reverse engineer a protection even on something that you OWN is illegal (a felony).  So unless you want to spend time in jail and pay some un godly amount of money then just go buy the damn 15.95 movie from walmart or kmart! 

-this topic should be locked and closed-

This used to be a free country where an individuel could say and do whatever they believed in but now whomever screams the loudest get rules to cover their views only. There is no true right or wrong but what you learn with your head, feel with your heart, and just know to be your path.

This used to be a free country where an individuel could say and do whatever they believed in but now whomever screams the loudest get rules to cover their views only. There is no true right or wrong but what you learn with your head, feel with your heart, and just know to be your path.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

beautiful.

but  :bs:

thanks for the morning guffaw though.

Most computer Heads,, Wait ALL COMPUTER HEADS (the people in this forum) has either hacked, downloaded, decrypted, or reverse engineered some sort of program or technology in their life.. Yes we know it's illegal but to sit here and criticize the man is just wrong!!!!

I understand not showing the methods but admitting is cool,, hell I do,,

I concurr. Hell even back in the days of BETA & VHS tapes and recording your favourite TV program. I have not been here as long as others and don't look to increase my post count on bullsh*t responses, but I have been around long enough to know and feel 'hypocrites' when they are present!!!

TheHalf

ok, you recorded your fav tv shows on video. but did you make a bunch of copies of them and set a box of them on the sidewalk for anyone that feels like it to take one and watch it? p2p is akin to half the neighborhood having boxes of video and audio tapes in front of their houses and people going around browsing through them. it's just not as obvious and not as work and time intensive so nobody thinks twice about using p2p to get whatever music/video/program/game they want.

Not quite. But take it for what it's worth, I have HBO and record every episode of 'The Sopranos' and pass along the tape to a few others that can't afford HBO and I do it every week until the season is over! My point??? No one in here is innocent of anything and as technology develops and changes so will the law no matter how dum and flagrant it may be.

And half your responses resopalrabotnick are soo off the wall you need to come up with better metaphors.  :D

TheHalf

So let me get this straight, everyone in this forum, never used a filesharing program, or downloaded anything without paying for it? Because it sounds like we have so many high and mighty people in here who would NEVER do the unthinkable.. B.S. all around I knoe someone in here has gotten something of the net for free..... regardless if you may have not wanted to pay for it..

So let me get this straight, everyone in this forum, never used a filesharing program, or downloaded anything without paying for it? Because it sounds like we have so many high and mighty people in here who would NEVER do the unthinkable.. B.S. all around I knoe someone in here has gotten something of the net for free..... regardless if you may have not wanted to pay for it..

Your probably right dude, but simple thinking on members and newbies not to go public with info like that is being overlooked. Just ask a question and if anyone can help, just ask to be PM or Im.

TheHalf

so quite different from putting it up on p2p and letting thousands of copies spawn off your one file.

Nope. Now your favouring means of method. Whether it's passed along from me to a few of my friends or ripped onto my HDD for thousands; IT'S STILL WRONG as minor as it is...RIGHT? If you want to see 'The Sopranos' then f'en subscribe to HBO! My point resopalrabotnick is there is no taking sides which you have done indirectly, from the last few post you wrote you would condone what I do but not what the majority do on a p2p client.

TheHalf