Front Case Fan? How?

PioneerCrazed

The fans would go inside of the case where you can see in that picture, not infront of the panel. As for that speaker..... I have no idea lol, I've never seen a speaker like that in a case.

The fans would go inside of the case where you can see in that picture, not infront of the panel. As for that speaker..... I have no idea lol, I've never seen a speaker like that in a case.

:huh: I take it you've never seen inside an older computer then... almost all of them had speakers...

If I install like you say though, I still have to take off the front of the case to mount it, right?

Yes, you still have to take the front panel off the screw it in there, and let me tell ya sometimes it can be a pain in the ***!

I take it you've never seen inside an older computer then

How old we talking? lol oldest I have seen the inside of is like 1990 and there is no goofy *** speaker in it!

You should see the all the wires in my thermaltake case...LOL..

I think it has 2 fans on the side, 1 in back, 1 in front, and 1 on top...And a crap load of wires and temp sensor wires..

But I must say, it did lower the temp alot on my pc...

Is this an old case, or newer model?...Maybe the speaker is for an alarm(look for a switch in back where side door slides on)...My case has an intrusion alarm that wont allow pc to boot if its opened, but no speaker...Unless its just an old case, that has the speaker for the old style boards..

I also have to take front off to get the my front fan/filter.  But thankfully no screws have to be removed..Just a key if I choose to lock it..

How old we talking? lol oldest I have seen the inside of is like 1990 and there is no goofy ass speaker in it!

Every computer I've had from early 90s till now (except my Dimension 4700) has had a speaker like that... and I've had quite a few computers... that used to be the sound for the system, no external speakers

the speaker in the pic is simply the pc speaker responsible for bleeps, brrrrrrrats, blurts etc. that the system makes. like the beeps at startup if the cat is lying on the keyboard etc. nothing to do with the soundcard or windows or anything. windows dumps its audio feedback through the soundcard into the connected headphone/speaker. those p3s at school probably have an internal speaker for the soundcard, and they will likely not do much quality wise. but they probably also have that little speaker for the mainboard.