The Best NoteBook

x FiReMaN x

I want to buy the best laptop that's out there, so far what I found out was this...

The Dell XPS M170

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m170?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&~tab=specstab#tabtop

What do you guys think?

Is that the best, fastest, cleanest looking Notebook on the market nowadays or should I be looking into Sony or Toshiba or Gateway???

If you guys find something better please tell me.

I want something with Media Center, Pentium M proccessor or faster, fast burning drive for dvd/cd (8x or more), also lots of memory to put tons of music and movies on it, and 2 GB of ram. 

Please help me out guys, I need to buy one before this week.

MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE!!!

Thanks for all the help!

dual core vs. single core.. It is basically the next gen for centrino.

The dell system looks really nice... Sager like wingzero also makes great gaming laptops..  The other place that you want to check out is Alienware..  They have released some affordable laptops that get some good battery life and also game pretty well... They are now in the government and home market instead of just the gaming/high end.

I want to buy the best laptop that's out there, so far what I found out was this...

The Dell XPS M170

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m170?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&~tab=specstab#tabtop

What do you guys think?

Is that the best, fastest, cleanest looking Notebook on the market nowadays or should I be looking into Sony or Toshiba or Gateway???

If you guys find something better please tell me.

I want something with Media Center, Pentium M proccessor or faster, fast burning drive for dvd/cd (8x or more), also lots of memory to put tons of music and movies on it, and 2 GB of ram.

if u want the best notebook out right now, nothing is better than the new Sager 9750 with AMD x2 processors and the 7800 GTX go. If u are looking at the Dell m170 there is a cheaper priced but the exact same specs which is the Sager 5720 check both of them out here. http://www.pctorque.com/  Sager is far superior to the Dell and can be configured with the same specs for MUCH less. If ur looking at the Dell m170 i highly suggest u take a look at the 5720 as it will save u time, money and alot of headaches in the long run.

This notebook isn't really for gaming, mostly for music, dvds, and recording tv and what not.  So, pentium M is a single core?

The duo is a dual core moble processor..

if u want the best notebook out right now, nothing is better than the new Sager 9750 with AMD x2 processors and the 7800 GTX go. If u are looking at the Dell m170 there is a cheaper priced but the exact same specs which is the Sager 5720 check both of them out here. http://www.pctorque.com/  Sager is far superior to the Dell and can be configured with the same specs for MUCH less. If ur looking at the Dell m170 i highly suggest u take a look at the 5720 as it will save u time, money and alot of headaches in the long run.

I would agree.. the x2 is a nicer chip but you are going to give up alot of battery life if you decide to go with sager (9750)..

Voodoo ENVY u:709: Featuring the AMD Athlon FX and Dual Core desktop processors from AMD.This makes it the worlds fastest notebook, period - nothing touches it.

http://www.voodoopc.com/showroom.aspx?productID=1083

4000 dollars but the best laptop out there

weighs like 30 lbs and you have to bring your own nuclear reactor to power it.. :)  Nice specs!

well i see that those laptops have the same specs as the m170 but it doesnt have media center on it, and i heard that you cant download it and install it your self, not sure if thats true though. 

What am i gonna do? go for the $4500 dell notebook or should i find something else and hope for the same specs and for cheaper?

buy the cheapest possible laptop for your needs. invest the money saved in an extra battery, docking station and possibly a decent desktop. imo there is usually little real need for high powered laptops.

Agree but spend some money on decent hardware.. Atleast get a centrino based one so that the battery life is decent.. and make sure that you get one with a dedicated graphics.. otherwise you will kick yourself later..

well, we are rich.. also... so what if its outdated here in the US.. we are bringing this to Romania in Europe which over there they still havent got broadband yet.  So that is why I want to have the Best computer out now and so when I bring it there it will stay the best computer until a couple of years..

So again, since the Sager is just bad and i dont want it, and the voodoo is bad also i guess im going with dell