Good Video Card??

wyantm06

Ok wait. I have a quick question. This is from my friend. "I have a geforce fx 5500 256 DDR 8xAGP card and i wanna get a Geforce 6600 256Mb DDR 8xAGP    im pretty sure it will because its 8xAGP" he wants to know if that new one would be compatable??

What's like the best video card out now? and what's the price?

If you wait a couple of weeks, ATI's R580 core will rule anything on the market.

Right now, the ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 will give you the same performance as the the 7800GTX (even better in some cases), but for a far better price. It also runs in Crossfire mode (dual GPU's).

Check it here: ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3

Problem is that the card needs to be AGP.. http://www.bfgtech.com/6600GT.html  that would the 6600 i would recommend.. Since he already has a BFG i would stay with Nvidia..  I am not as familiar with ATI's new line.. I know that they do offer select cards in AGP version of their higher end. 

Is this the same friend that I helped pick this card out like in June?

"I have a geforce fx 5500 256 DDR 8xAGP card and i wanna get a Geforce 6600 256Mb DDR 8xAGP"

If it must be AGP, and you want the fastest speed from that interface, get the following card:

ATI Radeon X850XT PE 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X Video Card

The BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC card has a nice overclock (only 128MB GDDR3), but still falls short of the Radeon X850XT PE (true 256MB GDDR3), and it hasn't even been OC'd yet. It's the best bang for your buck AGP wise. It can run all of todays games at maximum resolution.

The BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC card has a nice overclock (only 128MB GDDR3), but still falls short of the Radeon X850XT PE (true 256MB GDDR3), and it hasn't even been OC'd yet. It's the best bang for your buck AGP wise. It can run all of todays games at maximum resolution.

No need to worry about the 128 MB ram, it's fine as the card doesn't pack enough punch to allow playing at the higher resolutions anyway.