Is there hope

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I just got a hard drive and configured it just right...setting up mail server,dns etc then restarted to image and backup then receive error system cant start cause win.sys file is missing so i try to repair .....it cant be repaired cause drive errors....so i scandisk and fix errors but there are some errors that cant be fixed......now when i try imaging it tells me cant continue cause error reading disk ...i successfully created a back up of the system state though ....but with errors (could'nt open some files was )(some picture files or somthin)

Is there any way i can get the os exactly like it was or is there a way to let norton ghost and continue during errors??

Thanks!!

drive went dead on you. sounds almost mechanical, like the head skipped and started damaging the disk, knocking loose a few small fragments of magnetic coating which are now getting stuck between head and disk causing more damage with every move. you said you just got it? go to dealer and get it replaced.

its not free, but if you do some looking around on some torrent sites you can find it.

these kind of statements should really not be on these boards i think. it's basically encouraging jamaica to steal the utility. and he's tried that before with some password recovery tool.

it's not free, but if you look around you should be able to steal it?

please.