Fios in apartment

yogi

Hi,

I live in an apartment & somehow verizon's website qualified my address for installation. However, when I called verizon they told me at first "a verbal approval from your landlord to our offices is accepted". Then on another call a verizon tech said, "...since there are tremendous legality issues & switching from copper to fiber lines we really do not install FIOS to apartments or condos regardless of landlord permission". And on a final call I was told "...you'll have to send in a written permission from your landlord. Since you live in an apartment we'll have to wire the entire building. There is no cost to the landlord, however."

Has anyone been able to get FIOS in an apartment? Should I place another order online and just wait until the installation guys show up, so I can get the final answer?

thanks

I remember seeing pictures of an apartment complex wired. That was a while ago, and there really wasn't anyway to verify it. I would check with your landlord first. I'm pretty sure they would need to do some wiring for the building before anything could be done. Have to have the permission before they can do it. If the landlord says yes, then call them back and see what they have to say.

• 2 weeks later...

yea, I had been talking with verizon about this FIOUS thing. was told that a supervisor would come out to my apt on SEVERAL different occations. NEVER EVER got a call returned in the last month AND was told no problem with hooking it up...

Hi,

I live in an apartment & somehow verizon's website qualified my address for installation. However, when I called verizon they told me at first "a verbal approval from your landlord to our offices is accepted". Then on another call a verizon tech said, "...since there are tremendous legality issues & switching from copper to fiber lines we really do not install FIOS to apartments or condos regardless of landlord permission". And on a final call I was told "...you'll have to send in a written permission from your landlord. Since you live in an apartment we'll have to wire the entire building. There is no cost to the landlord, however."

Has anyone been able to get FIOS in an apartment? Should I place another order online and just wait until the installation guys show up, so I can get the final answer?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have gotten FIOS in my apt.  Works great, just can't get TV.  Still trying to find out why that is.  You don't do anything to get FIOS in an apt, verizon and the apt do all the work, you just have to wait.  Verizon seems to be getting all apts to approve them for whatever verizon want to do before they do anything, so the legalities are lifted at that point because the landlords sign over to verizon the rights.  You could call your landlord I guess and ask them about it, but I know my on property mgnt knows nothing about any of it.