Dial-Up vs ISDN vs WildBlue

verlak

Verlak, I'm unaware of WildBlue I did a quick look over at there site seems promising although still quite high

Take www.eskimo.net up on there offer for a FREE 2 week 56k/isdn trial no credit card needed fill out the form and they will call you probably tomorrow to confirm your account. They will then give you a user/pass along with the DNS numbers you need to connect

Since you are using AOL it is definitely worth a shot.

I'd go with ISDN.

Although wildblue will give you a much higher download and upload capacity it has a couple of disadvantages.  One it is very new so it's hard to say wether or not they will continue to provide the current level of service as they add customers.  Two, due to high latency, isdn will run circles around wildblue for online gaming or any other type of real time application.

If all you want to do is browse, then I'd say it's a toss up.

• 1 month later...

I have WILDBLUE 512K value pack, I have only had it for about 3 months, but their technical assistance is wonderful.They will try to work with you any way possible.I get connection numbers in the low 500's-mid 600K's.AOL is pretty slow,but it has uniqe features.Get both,{if you have an extra $30 bucks to spend}.WILDBLUE value pack is $49.50 per month;mid pack has 1m speed and cost $69.50 per month;Pro-pack has 1.5M's and cost$79.50 per month. It's high , but if you live in the sticks than you have to shuck out the dough!!!

Verlak, Although I personally never used AOL those I do know have had major problems after uninstallation. To make sure you are free of AOL's grip if/when you decide to cancel there service

You just might want to do some google searches beforehand

lol ~ the one and only time I ever crashed my system (beyond repair) was when I tried to un-install AOHELL ~ [. . .it takes over Windows and merges so tight, that trying to get it all out of the registry will destroy Windows!] . . .that was a couple of years ago, but just a few weeks back, my other half spent over two hours (almost in tears) trying to tell AOHELL that we are not subscribed with them (they managed somehow to start billing us again on our phone bill), . . .finally, she got a hold of a Qwest Super to listen in on the call to HELL and after another hour of chit ~ they finally (and hopefully) managed, together, to stop the billing scheme from AOHELL ~ un-fricken-believable!!!  :evil3:

amc11890 . . .unless you completely un-installed Windows ~ it's probably lurking inside your registry, waiting to launch it's $#%#ing wonders upon ye again ~ lol

The [glow=red,2,300]AOHELL[/glow] rep  :confused5: couldn't understand why they had all our info in their database if we weren't members ~ duh  :tard: