Microsoft Terminal Services Client problems

ITbone

We've created a VPN network utilizing various cable companies in nine different locations. We're using Microsoft's Terminal Services in our branch locations to connect back to our server in the home office. Each branch is set up the same, with a cable modem, Linksys router and Netgear hub, the only real difference may be the cable company (and bandwidth speed) at some locations. The PROBLEM has been Terminal Services disconnecting from the server at our home office.

Anyone with Terminal Services experience have any idea why we may be experiencing this problem? I don't believe the cable bandwidth would really be an issue b/c in most instances they never loose their Internet connection... they only get disconnected from the server at our HQ's location.

I info would be greatly appreciated!

I dont need to try.

Anyway, sounds like unless the connection has somethign to do, it drops . basicaly like getting bored. you should try using a 3rd party program to keep the connection active, and connected at all times.

For example.

http://www.bysoft.com/stayalive.asp

[edit]

The point in doing this is it will act as a repeater, keeping a constant flow of traffic to the home, thus not losing connection.

Thanks for the info... I didn't see your comment on your first reply. Only the picture... I apologize for being a smartass. I do realize, especially with cable, you're going to have some drops. But a couple of our locations drop off up to twelve times a day some days. I've been hammering the cable companies in those areas because they have admitted to signaling problems in the past.

I've been hammering the cable companies in those areas because they have admitted to signaling problems in the past.

Yea, which is exactly why youd need a repeater. When i use DC++ ( p2p client) and i connect to hubs with 5 or 6000 users, unless im chatting in the main chat (which is sending and recieving data to that hub ) my connection will instantly drop. I have no idea wether its along the same lines as this problem, or if my router / modem just cant handle that many simultanous connections or what , but i have a feeling using something to keep your connection alive may work in your case. If not then :|