offering dway 3000, 4000, 6000 and 7000 help

riteshnig2003

I am a DirecWay Technician. Working with the technical support. feel free to contact me by pm for any hardware and speed related issues with DirecWay 3000, 4000, 6000 or 7000.

I will let you know the resolution. I promise.

can also contact me at <snip>

edit: for privacy...please don't post email addy's in the public forum

I am a DirecWay Technician. Working with the technical support. feel free to contact me by pm for any hardware and speed related issues with DirecWay 3000, 4000, 6000 or 7000.

I will let you know the resolution. I promise.

can also contact me at <snip>

edit: for privacy...please don't post email addy's in the public forum

Actually, that's technician

And unless you work in the NOC, I don't think you can help much.  :-)

welcome to the forum riteshnig2003  :hello:

nevermind the rudeness of some...geeze...

anyway...just browse the dway provider forum and jump in where u think u can hep...

i edited out ur email addy...just not a good idea to post that...contact should initiate thru pm's...

also i moved ur post here because this is the dway provider forum...this is where i'm sure u'll be very helpful...

hope u enjoy ur stay...stay long...come back often...and of course tell ur friends where ur new fav website is...testmy.net of course :D

Exactly. You can't do much to help, except maybe tell them what satellite they're on.

*tips hat*

warning: why r u guys being so rude and negative??...to someone that is offering help...if u don't have a question or an answer, only nasty negative comments then don't post...this is not what testmy is about...attacks on other members will not be tolerated...

don't be a dway grouch...be happy :D

warning: why r u guys being so rude and negative??...to someone that is offering help...if u don't have a question or an answer, only nasty negative comments then don't post...this is not what testmy is about...attacks on other members will not be tolerated...

don't be a dway grouch...be happy :D

We don't even know if he's a Direcway technician, we don't have proof.

There's not much you can do on a system like this, I hope you know. Basically all he can tell us is what satellites we're on, what rate code we have, if we're grounded or not ( a step by step process that involves the user quite a bit, and something technicians should know a lot about), and what satellite's are having problems. He can't really get us more speeds.

there is no validation for any testmy members that they are who they say they are...who do you say you are???...now before you answer...do you have proof??...just kidding...but you see my point...why does HE and only HE have to show any proof?...

just say welcome...and let him show how he can help...

there is no validation for any testmy members that they are who they say they are...who do you say you are???...now before you answer...do you have proof??...just kidding...but you see my point...why does HE and only HE have to show any proof?...

just say welcome...and let him show how he can help...

Yes, but I never said I was a technician. I just want to see some background info, and from what I've heard and talked to, Direcway technical support isn't that impressive...

What conditions would be necessary for a system to achieve 256k 4/5? I have the 7000 with a signal strength of 93 and have only seen 256k 2/3. What is it that allows the higher numbers?

DW7000, SatMex 5 970MHz, WinXP SP2.

http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html

And look in the left-hand menu items for Force Ranging.  It's near the bottom.

Click this and a small pp-up window will appear, letting you know it's optimizing network timing.

When this reads something to the effect of "Ranging unnecessary", or something like that, close the little window, and refresh the main one. Look for the 4/5 rate code.  If you don't get it, try again.  Sometimes it takes several times.

When you get it, re-test your speeds at non-peak hours.  You should see a noticeable improvement with your uploads.

What conditions would be necessary for a system to achieve 256k 4/5? I have the 7000 with a signal strength of 93 and have only seen 256k 2/3. What is it that allows the higher numbers?

DW7000, SatMex 5 970mhz, WinXP SP2.

It's hard to get it without a small business account.

Really depends on what Sat you are pointed at.  256k 2/3 seems pretty comparable to 4/5 if you can get it.  Just upload are slightly lower.  Im on AMC9 1370 on the Pro plan w/out static.  My is always 4/5.

I wonder if most people get 4/5 on the AMC9. Isn't that the one that everyone is re-pointing to?