DVD + R or -R?

asubaseball727

I want to backup my DVD, and was wondering after i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, will I need to burn it onto a DVD -R or could my +R discs work?

Thanks

If you plan on viewing these backup DVD's on your DVD player for your TV, check the manual for the player to see what is compatible.

TheHalf

Thats only half true,, If you have a non encrypted Dvd Nero Will Always Backup a dvd, but if it;s encrypted Like the new ones on a shelf in ur local walmart, Nero refuses to copy the disk,, thats what we use Shrink and Decrypter for unless you have a modded version of Nero,, well my hat tips off to you then!

The safest bet is to use a -R since most older players only support -R and newer players support both, that way your dvd should play in any DVD player. I would also suggest getting a decent brand of DVD -R media. I have been burning DVD's for over 3 years and have found BeAll media to be the best for me. never had any coasters or bad burns. It's also reasonably priced at about $32.00 for 100 Pk 16x DVD -R Media

The PS2 will only play DVDs, not DVD-R or DVD+R; if you have another DVD player you might want to check it’s specifications on which format it will read, most likely DVD-R.

I had (i returned it) a new HP Desktop (Dual Core 3800+).  Anyways I burned a dvd using it on a dvd-r and it worked in my ps2...