DVD + R or -R?

asubaseball727

If both system support the +R or -R... choose the +R since it will last longer than the -R... that's the difference between them

I have read numerous articles on DVD media and I have never seen anywhere that a +R lasts longer then a -R media!

The difference between the two are that DVD plus is mainly backed by Philips, HP and Dell. DVD minus is mainly backed by Pioneer, Toshiba and Apple.

I have read numerous articles on DVD media and I have never seen anywhere that a +R lasts longer then a -R media!

The difference between the two are that DVD plus is mainly backed by Philips, HP and Dell. DVD minus is mainly backed by Pioneer, Toshiba and Apple.

I google the difference between +R and -R, i came to conclution that +R can attain faster speed and more reliable.

I believe it was a way for the "Disk maker Industry" to make more money by establisdhing a standard that went down the drain when more companies came abroad and made there own meda types,,, and the third party companies like LG, HP, Maxtor, Pioneer took both - and + and allowed the use of both,, THERE IS NOOOO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!!!

there are subtle differences between the two. it's betamax and vhs all over again. except that the differences in dvd's are less extreme and you can build drives that can read/write both. the groups of manufacturers that combined to form the plus and minus parties tried to gain an advantage in the market early on.