Problem with SBC DSL UPload Speed

SDO

Need help.  Download speed is fine 1.3m, upload non existent 7kbps.  Suppose to get speeds of 1.5m and 384kbps.  Laptop works fine (when hooked up to same connection) Desktop does not.  Is there a setting or virus that is causing my problem?

SBC has been out and repaired outside line, rebuilt port, ripped modems and installed a direct DSL line.  Same issue still exists.

Thanks for any insights.

No, I don't have any issues with pop ups.  The computer does seem slow to start up though as it takes a few minutes to go through the various set up.  I have run a variety of anti-virus and spyware programs and don't seem to come up with anything significant.

It is often useful to use a number of different scan engines when an issue like this remains unresolved.  If you search google for online scans (like this you'll find zillions.  Personally, I like www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan because it searches for and removes Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Hijackers, Spyware and Keyloggers.  It sounds likely to me that you've got a worm on your system (worms send mass emails from your system, often through their own servers).