DSL?

Marcin541

With dsl, is it true that the more phone devices i have, the slower the service will be? Yesterday i unplugged everything, dsl was fine. I had to plug back in the phones, lol, but my service cant get passes 2.3-2.4mbps on download and 640k on upload. Is there anything i can do?

With dsl' date=' is it true that the more phone devices i have, the slower the service will be? Yesterday i unplugged everything, dsl was fine. I had to plug back in the phones, lol, but my service cant get passes 2.3-2.4mbps on download and 640k on upload. Is there anything i can do?[/quote']

I dont think that matter aslong as you have your modem connected directly to the first phonejacket and use a long LAN cable instead.

I heard about one having problem when he hooked up a extansion phonecable of 20 m and used modem after that.

VanBuren :)

if you can get a NID filter installed then that is the best way to go. I have one installed although the phone company installed it for me (how nice of them) but if you have one at the telephone box outside then you don't have to use all of those filters inside. Also I'm not sure about having a lot of devices being hooked up would effect it. I know I have 3 directtv recievers and 12 phones connected and my speeds are fine.

:) Yes the further you are from the dmarc or mpop it can and does slow down your connection,also the number of devices hooked up will affect things as well.the reason you want to be as close as possible to where the C.O. line comes in is due to resistance,the "filter" that is used does usually serve you better outside but will work at the computer also....years ago I ran a line from the Dmarc to my computer and had a switch installed to remove the rest of the house and it did make a big improvement for my speed..........it usually will depend on your circumstance at your location to know if any of these things can help......

8) Microwave

Whats that sposed to mean

(hmm)

from another thread"]do u no what ur most floored arguement is before u said i am close minded but am not ignorant so u compliment and insult me at the same time.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes no sense

You obviously use it yourself. Why don't you tell me?

And guys,, if you did graduate kindergarden, please stop this B.S.

I personally dont like it when i come back to my thread.. i see 10 replies, and 9 of those are non topic related/flame. Like Van said, and like i said numerous times before, go take it somewhere else such as PM's or instant messaging. I think more moderators are needed, ones who take things into their own hands and delete stupid posts.

So please stop.

Why are you guys so bothered by it? You started a thread with a question and got it answered. I'm light-hearted about it. Posting on forums doesn't need to be so serious and clean-cut. If topics deviate a bit, who gives a shit? I'm not going to not post something I have to say just to make it appear that I have "graduated kindergarten" as you guys like to call it. I'm a mature person, and whether you guys don't think so from reading a few posts of mine in a forum, I frankly don't care.

However, if it really does bother you that much, I'll try and stay on topic and not be below myself. I just don't see why it's such a biggie. :wink:

These forums arent dedicated to "kindergardners" but to people who share a common interest in internet speed. You may not be bothered by it, but many are. Like i said in my previous post, I dont like to come back and see 10 replies, with 1 being usefull to me.

I mean, if it was atleast funny, but its not. Its just plain sad.

Well, I apologize if I made any of you cry... I participated in that Halo 2 thread that started talking about violence lessening over time. Wasn't that off topic and not funny in the least? But no, since other high-ranking members participated, noone felt the need to say anything. I bet you $50 that if it were just me and guig, you guys would've been all over it complaining. Anyway, I've gotten what I have to say out.

Sorry guys...

And guys,, if you did graduate kindergarden, please stop this B.S.

I personally dont like it when i come back to my thread.. i see 10 replies, and 9 of those are non topic related/flame. Like Van said, and like i said numerous times before, go take it somewhere else such as PM's or instant messaging. I think more moderators are needed, ones who take things into their own hands and delete stupid posts.

So please stop.

:) Moderators are watching and reading all post,I think the idea being and should be that unless something gets way out of hand nature should take its course.Threads have been locked recently by me. VanBuren suggested to take off topic discussions or arguments to email or PM, and this position has been said before. Although its never been openly discussed one of the things I believe this site supports is the exchange of ideas.The dilemma when a moderator clips or censors someone is that personal opinions or outlooks can come into play.What I may think is a really ridiculous thought or idea may in fact be the door that opens the discussion that can really make a change for someone else even though I dont think cancer will be cured in this forum....thats why censorship is such a drastic tool in my opinion.The general feeling is that adults can and should temper their forum netiquette on their own.Of course I can only speak for myself and not CA3LE GUY that owns this great site and gives us all the liberty to have this exchange.I've been on this site a long time and support what Damon does and respect all his hard work, I have seen many people come and go but, what has been constant is , ideas are still exchanged no matter if only the poster liked it and everyone else thought it was usless............thats how things work!!! and in the infamous words of the great civic leader Rodney King's words "cant we all just get along". This was my attempt at sarcastic humor which I'm sure will offend someone or even many people but, I'm sure glad at least I was given the chance to say it......unless it gets deleted....lol

8) Microwave