Verizon's FiOS and Adelphia's Extreme

TheHalf

I have a question regarding the two. Those that have FiOS obviously have a choice between FiOS and another competitor, so when neither was available in any specific area, which company was the first to make it (FiOS or Extreme) available?

See neither one is available here in Bflo.N.Y. and I am curious which company will break ground first. So far my impression is that once Verizon's FiOS becomes available in one area Adelphia is not far behind with Extreme. Be nice if Adelphia's Extreme became available in places before Verizon's FiOS. Thanks  :)

TheHalf

I'd bet Verizon is the first to offer their services.  If you look at the locations Adelphia has rolled out their Extreme service, FIOS had already been available there for a good while.  IMO Adelphia is like any other cable company; they won't upgrade unless there's serious competition first.  Just like Comcast, Adelphia services quite a  lost of areas where they are the only HSI provider.  So, in conclusion, if I was you I'd be waiting for FIOS before I'd be expecting Extreme.