Help with proxy stuff.

insideout

i dled this program called JAP and it's supposed to hide your IP address. I installed it and it said I had to use it with my browser in order to go online. it was too much of a hassle so I decided not to use it and uninstalled it. however, now i can't go online at all. it said if i wanted to go online without jap, i have to reset the proxy connections in my browser. How do i do that?

yeah. when i go to tools in IE, and connections, LAN settings, i check off the proxy server box.

Delete any IP #s in the proxy fields and then go to Automatically Detect settings (check off that box).. It should've worked with not being checked but that may work ;)

P.S. Post a Hijackthis log in here so we can see if any proxy server settings are hiding in your Internet settings ;)

Try using another browser if you have 1 to make sure its IE. Also can try release IP and renew IP and also flushdns.

To do these go to start>type "cmd" hit enter>type "ipconfig /release">hit enter> type "ipconfig /renew">hit enter> than type "ipconfig /flushdns">hit enter> Done. Of course don't use quotation marks when typing in the commands.