Computer help

bburton86

I have a DELL Inspiron 9300 1.67ghz pentium m, 1g ram, 56mb ati x300 card.  I am just getting horrible performance out of it.  Choppy video, slow load times, choppy typing, choppy scrolling on websites.  I have several spyware programs and run them frequently, I have a McAfee firewall set to tight.  I don't understand what I am doing wrong.  I also scan for viruses and such.  I mean I keep the computer fairly clean.  Any help would be great.

Well, I can't exactly tell what all those processes are but looks like there are too many running. Could you post a picture of what shows up when you click start, run, ms config, start up. This will show what programs are started when you boot up your computer, if you have never edited this before chances are a lot of unnecessary services are starting up with your computer and bogging it down.

the way you uninstall your drivers is like so:

Right click my computer - properties - hardware tab - click on device manager - display adapters - then it should say the name of your video card x300 - right click that - click uninstall - restart computer - go to ati.com - click the DRIVERS & SOFTWARE link - navigate through (most likely to windows xp) - and most likely you will have to download the Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP - Driver Download...once installed the drivers just restart - you should be up to date with your drivers then