JBL Computer System Not Working

wyantm06

Ok my friend has a JBL PC system and they rebooted their computer to brand new and they can't get no sound to come through it all now. It needs no driver because it is plug and play. Does he need a sound driver for his sound card in his system or something? Thanks.

1-make sure the speakers are plugged in correctly and turned on

2-right click My Computer, click Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager, make sure there isn't any red x's or yellow !'s by anything

3-open Start-Programs-Accessories-Entertainment-Volume Control, make sure nothing is muted or turned all the way down

4-in Volume Control still, click Options, check Advanced Controls, in the left column click the Advanced button, at the bottom of the window that pops up, check if Digital Output only (or similar) is checked, try alternating settings

ya, go to device manager

right click on my computer, then properties, then hardware, then device manager, then sound, video game controllers

and you'll see it

soundmax or whatnot you have

that usually only works if you have the drivers installed already...

It might show up.. but it could be named the generic name for the device.. Like most of the Linksys wireless cards are named something really weird.. it didnt work.. cause you still need the drivers..

Does Everest Home detect hardware with out drivers correctly? otherwise this is going to be a fun little hunt for these drivers.