BEWARE 809,284,876 phone scam

TheLandScapper

BEWARE DO NOT CALL ANY OF THESE AREA CODES    809      ,,, 284,,,,  876

This scam is set up so u get messge,call,beep,e-mail,SMS,. The messages say a family member is ill, someone has been arrested, you won a prize and so on. When you call the number you are automaticly charged $2425 a min with people seeing charges of $24100.00 or more. These area codes are located in the British Virgin Islands and are a pay per call like US 900 numbers. But being that they are located in the Bahamas you dont have to be notifed of the chargs during the call at any time untill you get your bill and its to late. Being that this is perfectly legal under the circumstances your basicly screwed, and have to pay it. I just got a E-mail from AT&T and verizon today stating this. I thought i would pass on the info cause i know i would be EXTREMELY pissed of if this happened to me