Starband SUCKS

dell

Starband to keep from going bankrupt again mergered with spacenet, now starshit wants nothing to do with the low end users to prove it the 360 users which starshit no longer makes gave the users no incentive to upgrade.

and now they have a new FAP policy the 360 limit is 700mb a week the 484 3.4gb a week which was unlimited and once you hit the FAP your speeds drop to 100 kbps for 7 days.

And no mention of this FAP policy anywhere.

Any lawyers around to file a class action suit, 

Starband to keep from going bankrupt again mergered with spacenet, now starsh*t wants nothing to do with the low end users to prove it the 360 users which starsh*t no longer makes gave the users no incentive to upgrade.

and now they have a new FAP policy the 360 limit is 700mb a week the 484 3.4GB a week which was unlimited and once you hit the FAP your speeds drop to 100 Kbps for 7 days.

And no mention of this FAP policy anywhere.

Any lawyers around to file a class action suit,   

Perhaps you could try a complete, coherent sentence or two so we could understand what you are babbling about?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm not sure about StarBlue but I get about the same numbers as WildBlue with my cheap 480 hookup.....So it wouldn't really make much of a difference to me. JMHO........

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1625 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 198 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Feb 12 16:58:31 EST 2006

Bottom Line:: 29X faster than 56K 1MB download in 5.17 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 51.02 % faster than the average for host (starband.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4Y2NGS7BK

I pull about the same numbers every time I test my connection....

jc1

• 1 year later...

Dude jc1 i hate you. Ive had starband ever sence i moved out to where i am and ive been getting these numbers ever sence ive moved here:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 156 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 19 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/15 - 8:51pm

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 53.89 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 20.296 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 11.61 % of your hosts average (starband.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-TRV1DF680

• 5 months later...

Sounds like someone didn't do a very good install for you.... I sell and install StarBand, I have never saw speeds that slow!  I have upgraded customers from the 360 to the Nova Pro and the new Nova 1500, they have been very satisified with their speeds. 

I have the Pro plan here at my house and the Ultimate at my store.  With the Nova Pro the advertised speed is up to 512 down and up to 128 up - this plan has been replaced with the Nova 1000 with up to 1024 down and the 128 up.

The Nova Ultimate was 1024 down with 256 up, now it is the Nova 1500 with up to 1.5Mbps down and 256 up.  The price plan has went down with the 1500 plan, it was $129/mo with 12 month contract now it is only $109/mo with the 12 month contract. 

StarBand has announced that upgrades will be available for current Nova Pro and Ultimate customers on Dec 17.  As I have understood, the upgrade fee is going to be $150 added to your bill.