A Challenge?

gumpsmurf

Ok, maybe someone will be able to help, if not, I'm content.  I'm currently using a Nokia 3220 cell phone as my modem via USB cable for my desktop.  It's based off of a GPRS/GSM network.  I was getting around 53 Kbps.  I then went to the performance and tuning page and  I used tweaks #1, #2, #4, and #10.  Then I used the cablenut settings ROM-DOS has near the end of the "How to tweak 56k for downloading?" thread. These are my current results.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 102 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 13 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Jan 24 02:59:52 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB download in 78.77 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 54.26 % of your hosts average (kmcmail.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2QYXN5F9G

Connection is:: 102 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 13 kB/s

this is double ur 56k

thats awsome if this is acurate

but because you using a cell phone i dont know if this is true or not or you are via a proxy

It looks real..

That is based EDGE? the speeds are between 177kpbs down and about 59kbps up.. for that phone according to Nokia's website!  I would consided that to be pretty damn good.. It is almost impossible to get the full speed of Mobile internet due to cell congestion and other factors that dont affect the CDMA phones.

If you want faster EV-DO is the way to go.. 2.4mbps max. 

Yeah its real. I was just wondering if it could get better. I was being curious and opened up my opera mini browser on my phone without being connected to the PC and did the smart test and i downloaded at 5600 kbs. Is there any possible way to get those speeds when i'm using the phone connected to the PC? Its just a drastic difference when i download on my phone than when i'm connected to the pc.