Hurry upgrade right away....

fikester

Hughes has not fixed the speed problems but still wanting more users...?  :whaa:

Those of you thinking of upgrading, the advertisements fail to mention what speeds you will get during the evening hours. Its a web of lies and tricks you pay for....the price to get out is $700 + !

I have been on the DW7000 for near 2months and have not seen advertised download speeds during evening hours.....daytime only. Order one for your in-laws too since your feeling lucky. Don't forget to sign up for anger management classes too as drop kicking the LNB constitutes dish pointing which voids the warranty. Come on sign up you will love it! Guaranteed to make you laugh or cuss one!

What you should have done is what I did...if you were upgrading. I anticipated bad service...just not THIS bad so I bought the modem outright for $200 and didn't sign up for the 2 year joke. That way I will only be out $200 but I don't plan for that to happen. I have so much documentation on the slow speeds verses their "guaranteed" professional speeds of 500down/200up that my credit card company will refund the money if Dway refuses. By the way, I screamed at them (of course I kept getting transferred up to 4 times) the other day and they finally said an engineer would call me the next day between 9am and 12pm. I waited all day and he never called. It took a lot of anger out of me and just sort of depressed me all to hell. I guess they are experts at that! I really need to get the guy on the mountain above me to get wireless so I can finally get 1mb down/up and get rid of this nightmare!!!

Obviously they are already oversold ...the problems we experience will continue to get worse. The speeds we deal with are acceptable to them, basically if a web page loads (good speeds). I have called them almost daily since Dec 1......its a game, we are definitely loosing! bad thing is we pay them to play  :!:

Currently working an ad to sell this on ebay without getting sued (the truth)  ;)

I am hoping...praying that I have found a wireless internet service. I live in a canyon between two really big mountains and no wireless service wants to put an antenna on one of those mountains. I found a service locally and they told me there is one 5 miles from my house. Of course, it is probably on another mountain behind one of mine. Well, I got the map and used Google Maps terrestrial and discovered that the tower should be exactly east of me. I looked out the door this morning and there is a big mountain right there. I got my binoculars and I swear I can see that big tower just like the picture on the web site. I asked what road it was on and it is MY road!!! I am so excited. The guy is supposed to come out today and see if I can get a signal. If I can, he is installing the system today as well. I will be getting minimum 1mbps down AND 1mbps up!!! It is synchronous and VERY fast!!!! Glee Glee Glee  :haha: :haha: :haha:

I called direcway last night to get a new transponder assigned and the tech told me that was impossible and that engineering would be called me today. They told me that last week. It is such a joke. I filed a formal complaint with the FCC, BBB and the California attorney general's office last night. I plan to get the $200 upgrade fee back and not charged for this month. I will show my bank the promises and then the stats from the speed test and how many case numbers I have (over 20 now since December) and that should do the trick. God I hope I can dump this piece of shite!!!  I will let you all know of the outcome but I would strongly suggest contacting the BBB, FCC and your state attorney general's office to stop this scam and it IS a scam!!!

I have had many calls into D'way, since I live in a remote area, that is all we have.  Your speeds are really down.  D'way states collect 6 samples on their site in 24 hours and then they will help you speed it up.  In the mean time this site has been posted before, there is a ton of knowledge here  http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sat

We now have EVDO in our area, so as soon as Kyocera releases its EVDO router, I may be using my dish for target practice with a .50 cal.

Paul

no settings available that will fix Dway's lack of BW on certain sats at peak usage times (not to m knowledge)....if speeds are good all day, settings must be fine. Dway is in complete control of speed on the DW6000 and DW7000. My morning speeds are 1075/200 problems not on my end.

Ah, it's days like this when I love my Small Office Plan.  $99 / month and Yes, I get 1.4M down even at 8pm at night!

Anyone who isn't getting the speeds DirecWay is advertising at night should realize that as long as you pay the bill and don't complain, nothing will happen.  Try opening a few case numbers then open a BBB complaint and write to management.  No, they won't fix everyone, but it's likely they'll fix you and get you up and running to shut you up!

Anyone who thinks that companies care about them are stupid, companies care about you paying your monthly bill and shutting the **** up.

Yeah here is another idiot that went to 7K from 4K so that I could finally get my client computers to hit HTTPs sites ....... man I never got under 1.5 with my tweaked 4K's and if I did, it was a problem with the NOC.

I have sat and watched a download hang at 8000kb/ps and I mean stay there ........ download a 100 meg file in 5-6 minutes ..... now with this 7K crap I will be lucky to get it done in an hour.

I am sick of this crap and like some others, I bought my modem out right so I would not be locked into Hughes on a contract ..... I am about to go back to my 4K's and I don't care if the other client computers can hit HTTPs or not ... this is BS.

And I am a Certified Computer Tech so I don't need any tweaking advice ..... I have enough paper hanging on the wall to make a book ....... there is only so much you can do with this 7K garbage since there is no "actual" software on your system to be "played with" ........

I don't believe

I have sat and watched a download hang at 8000kb/ps and I mean stay there ........ download a 100 meg file in 5-6 minutes ..... now with this 7K crap I will be lucky to get it done in an hour.

When my 7000 was working, I downloaded 100 mb files in about 10 minutes at 7 AM.

Yea I switched from Dw4000 to Dw7000 and my performance dropped big time...I was doing 1600 d/l consistently now I am luck to get 1000 d/l at night maybe 300 d/l days I never get a good upload speed i top out at 75 kbps tops even with professional, p.s. I am on a weird transponder off SM-5, 970 MHz? anyone else have this one?

thanks sincerely!!!John From 10,000 lakes (Minnesota)  smile

Yea I switched from Dw4000 to Dw7000 and my performance dropped big time...I was doing 1600 d/l consistently now I am luck to get 1000 d/l at night maybe 300 d/l days I never get a good upload speed i top out at 75 kbps tops even with professional, p.s. I am on a weird transponder off SM-5, 970 MHz? anyone else have this one?

thanks sincerely!!!John From 10,000 lakes (Minnesota)  smile

Welcome to the forums jreding!  :D

What's your rate code? To find out, type "http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html" and look for rate code on the left under 'adapter main statistics'.

here is my rate code: cut and pasted directly from the advanced page, Rate Code........  256k 1/2 (TC), I guess I am not exactly sure what it all means.

I have had Direcway since March 2002 when I moved out here.

I had alot of trouble with ranging the Dw7000 they claim that ranging should only take a minute but it takes at least 15-20 minutes and then I get a message that says its trying at a 'new rate that has'nt been tried before"

Sometimes I get a message that says " transmitter cannot communicate with NOC"

I really appreciate any help you can send my way!

thanks for the warm welcome!

John

here is my rate code: cut and pasted directly from the advanced page, Rate Code........  256k 1/2 (TC), I guess I am not exactly sure what it all means.

I have had Direcway since March 2002 when I moved out here.

I had alot of trouble with ranging the Dw7000 they claim that ranging should only take a minute but it takes at least 15-20 minutes and then I get a message that says its trying at a 'new rate that has'nt been tried before"

Sometimes I get a message that says " transmitter cannot communicate with NOC"

I really appreciate any help you can send my way!

thanks for the warm welcome

John

So you've tried force ranging before?

What's your signal?

Currently my signal is 82 oh yes I have tried foreced ranging many times...lol one thing direcway support seems to really want to know is inroute group, once I stated it was 20. the seem suprised but wouldnt say what it means right now its 85

I've never understood what inroute group is... mine's at 3 right now.

Talk to the the people over on the Direcway forum at dslreports.com, they'll probably know more. It sounds like a hardware issue. Something might be up with your transmitter.