Inspiron E1705 (Dual Core)

Dark_Matter

I have yet to see that screen.. I was really impressed by HP's BrightView screens.. I personally have a Dell screen with native 1650x1080.. It is kinda dark :(

ya ive noticed that on alot of laptops, the screen is eather too bright and hurts your eyes or is just too dark. HP's brightView screen is a toshiba screen. all the highend laptops users there screens because they are the best. Next time your in a bestbuy or compusa, ect. look at the toshiba they are far better then anyone elses.

my dad has one of the high end notebooks, and the screen will go to like 2048x1536 native. but he has it set a 1600x1200, and it is just beautiful. Toshiba screens are simply the best. so are there LCD TV's.

hmm.. i didnt know that..

I was looking around.. it seems that all of the screens look better when you apply a anti-glare coating.. http://www.screentekinc.com/toshiba-trubrite-lcd-screens.shtml

They list all of the popular ones..

the only problem is with the anti-glare is, the company that puts on coating on eather puts too much or too little like on a gateway. Were ever gateway buys its panels from they need to put more of the coting on, because it wearers off. some of low grade notebooks but on too much of it, and it just looks wrong.

yeah i wouldnt be suprise if it was in the last few hours.. the World Economic Forum is going on right now in Switzerland... Michael Dell has been making some news while he has been there.. he has already begun fielding questions about moving to AMD in the near future..  So the fact that this product was release this week is not a huge suprise.

I would love to hear some review on these new laptops.. Is this the new platform for the old 9300 series? it looks like the same chassis but different name and specs...

I think it is the same chassis, i was thinking the same thing myself. The 9300 series is still (IMO) one of the best notebooks they sale right now. The only notebook better i think is the HIGH END XPS notebook. The XPS M140 is not a great notebook (IMO) they don't give an option to get a better graphics card with it you get stuck with Intergrated crap. Atleast you can get a ati 256mb card with the higher end XPS.

hummmm

about 500 bucks diff for a core duo fro ma core solo

i want to test one of this babies

i have P4 with HT this is not realy dual core

i wonder how i would notice in performance the dual core

HT was a bit disapointing for me to be honest