Email Problems with Charter High Speed Internet Access

mkatch

I'm having email problems, and I don't know what to do to solve the problem.  I'm a Charter Communication High Speed Internet customer using a cable modem.  I can receive emails just fine, but every time I try to respond to an email or send a new email, I get the following error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '#######@yahoo.com'. Subject 'Hi', Account: '#####@charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I've blocked out the email addresses, but this is the message I'm getting.  Does anyone out there know how to resolve this problem.  I've contacted both Charter Communications and Dell, and neither one of them have a solution.  Would appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks!

Margaret

Charter has been having monumental problems with their e-mail server lately. From what I can find out the problems won't go away soon. I've transferred all my important mail to other mail providers.

Thanks for the info!  I really appreciate it and am relieved to find out that it's their problem and not my computer.  Thanks again!