How to set static IP

asubaseball727

I was reading some on your other posts.

Is your router set to deny ping requests? (most likely scenario)

BTW - you can give your PC a static IP via your router, but the IP from your ISP will be dynamic (changing occasionally) unless you pay for a static IP address (ie: a business account).

The static IP (in either instance) has nothing to do with your speed issues or tracert issues.

( that is unless it is trying to renew the IP every 60 seconds or something ridiculous)

Ok, I have a linksys so it told me to go to the standard router config page, and i found the option, but when I want to disable that, a prompt comes up and asks me for a password.

Suggestions?

Is it your router?

If so then you would have set the password when setting it up.

Otherwise I believe the default username is admin and default password is admin.

(if this is the case, then you need to set your own unique password for security)

Try that-

Guest helloimtim

I had the same prob. I used admin for user name and password for the password answer. So in short password is the word you need to type into the space that is above password. Best site is simply www.portforward.com. Check the site out and they have tons of useful info on routers. Also they walk you through working with your router. Hope that helps