Windows Explorer Error

Decade

It just gives information like it sends the error to microsoft and that about all.

I went in through control panel and disabled that Data Prevention Execution and now it like sill does it but no messages.  It like reloads windows like the taskbar and desktop icons disappear and then have to reload and the programs in the tray.

I clicked on that link and it just said error.

Edit:  Ok the thing did not go away because it just popped up when I was typing this.

i don't use windows but, i believe you put in the cd boot from it and hit R for repair install, it will re-install all the core system files, and you don't lose data. somone correct me if i'm wrong i wouldn't want somone to lose anything important. but with your error, a windows explorer error that is obviously a core system problem.

Guest jeffwalker9999

compaq and hp pc's

hidden - read only - drive d: is a copy of all the default software

as it was sent from factory

At boot after bios is loading - hit/press F10

this will start the recovery mode

1st selection is "Non-Distructive"

keeps your installed software applications

and reinstalls all factory shipped software applications

after reboot backup - you'll need to remove the software app's that you do not use or want

reinstalls old antivirus -so you'll need to delete it

and may conflict with the virus program you had installed

also restores to SP1a  ( pre service pack 2 - most pc's)

some applications may not work and need delete and reinstallment

If you do a non-distructive - remember that all "windows updates" will be needed

and all hardware drivers as they will be old - not current

2nd is "Distructive" -  you will lose all of your installed software -

Pc will do a FDISK ( reformat disk )

and reinstalls all factory shipped software applications

also restores to SP1a  ( pre service pack 2 - most pc's)

"windows updates" will be needed and all hardware drivers

<snip email addy>

Hopes this helps..............................

and please do share it with users of HP and compaq machines

edit for privacy...please don't post email addresses

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally found my Xp sp2 cd and did the repair.  It still does it and its more frequent.  Like right after i click Dont Send it refreshes the desktop and everything then pops up 2 seconds later.  Any other ideas?  I have scanned my system with AVG anti virus and it came clean, scanned with Spbot and Adaware and nothing is found.  What to do know?

I put in an XP sp2 cd and ran the SFC utility.  It finished and I rebooted...still the same thing.

Also If I wanted to restore my computer to like a month ago, how would I do that?  When I go into System Restore Like it only shows the restore points for the month of February, I try to click the thing to change the months back but nothing happens......