Video Problem

Has

hey guys i downloaded this game called XIII and whenever i try to play it it gives me this error what should i do about it

Assertion failed: RenDev [File:D:CodeXIII_Wan_ProtectedWinDrvSrcWinViewport.cpp] [Line: 532]

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I am not a "gamer", but that line you have supplied looks like whoever 'coded' the game didn't do such a hot job, and thus your video card (or something) isn't reading it properly and so it just won't "launch". I dunno if there's a fix or not. Is the game compatible with your O/S and all?

There are 'gamers galore' here ....maybe we'll both learn something?

Cheers!

I am not a "gamer"' date=' but that line you have supplied looks like whoever 'coded' the game didn't do such a hot job, and thus your video card (or something) isn't reading it properly and so it just won't "launch". I dunno if there's a fix or not. Is the game compatible with your O/S and all?[/quote']

Sounds like a typical data corruption error to me. Since you downloaded it, that makes it even more likely that a file loaded at the very start of the game (just after creating the window) is corrupted.

Ty downloading it again, or even better, buy it.

Say Troll Guy ...how could that kind of 'report' be generated by a Video problem. I work with high end video all the time and his "solution" blew me away. Like ...DUH! what?

Your option is of course always possible, and so is mine, and incompatability is quite common as well. Old (or too new) drivers cause problems... unfortunatly.

We should all have the latest drivers and latest video cards, but meh. Too much trouble and too expensive. :roll: