Agnitum outpost- not working?

wrc

I installed the trial version on recommendation, all reviews seem to suggest its very good.

Only thing is, what does it do? i'm still getting spyware and adware, lots of pop-ups etc despite removing them daily with ad-aware, spybot, bit defender etc.

I tried a re-install, a firewall is definately enabled in internet options, although it could be the useless Xp one, and i dont have an icon in my systray

Help  :?:

If it's the trial version, you should have built in anti-spyware/ad protection. If you go into options/plug-ins, you can enable all options that you want. I can't say for sure that the trial will give you full control, but it's worth a check.

As far as the system tray icon, you can see from the second screenshot that it should be there. Mine is running under the Rules Wizard policy.

Just so you'll know, Outpost is not an all around solution for viruses/spyware/adware/etc. You should consider trying Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro as your main anti-virus (trial version available under the box shot). It will protect you from anything, and along with Outpost as the firwall, you'll be very safe.

Are you running SP2? If so, open the security center and check out which firewall is being used. If you are running the XP version, disable it, uninstall Outpost firewall, and reboot. When the system comes back up, recheck that the XP firewall is still disabled. If so, install Kaspersky Anti-Virus Person Pro trial, and then install the Outpost firewall again.

wrc; I'm going to put a screen shot of my settings .From the start menu select  Outpost Firewall

Options pulldownGeneral make sure all 3 are checked under miscellaneous

Ah, that screenshot sure helped. When i go to start>all programs>agnitum>outpost office firewall:

i only have configuration editor and command centre

is this because i have the trial version or is the damn firewall not even installed?

it says it is in add remove programs!

help for a person similar to two short planks please :)

wrc ; this is a screen shot of the version I have .It is free as long as you don't update to the next version.In the other screen shot mine doesn't have outpost office firewall just outpost firewall.

You can access it from your "program files" folder usually in drive C: or the drive your Windows is in.In there go to the Agnitum folder you should find an outpost.exe file double click on it that should put it in the tray .If this works you should be able to click the icon & get the outpost window.At least this works in my OS.

problem solved, the link for the download, in another thread was only for configuration editor and command centre files.

i uninstalled these and downloaded the program again from aginum's site, working fine now.

all that for a duff link. cheers van buren

You should consider trying Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro as your main anti-virus (trial version available under the box shot). It will protect you from anything, and along with Outpost as the firwall, you'll be very safe.

System seems seriously slow, lots of hanging applications, kapersky reports no problems after scan.

I fear i may have altered a setting in the firewall that is causing some hidden problems, can i reset the firewall to its default settings?

Also, why did kapersky pick up my .mp3's in "my music" folder and tell me they were spyware?