Need help

Guest Phatsam

Guest Phatsam

I need help with this download speed test. I every time I run it , it says theres an error because my internet is faster then it should be :wink: . Is this right or wrong? Heres my auth codes I took 3 tests 2442981 2775216 2620176

The reason you are getting that is because the test server you are pulling from was offline... what you need to do if that happens is close the test window and reopen a new one... this should make you pull from another server. It is highly unlikely that you got a score over 5 megabit (my cut off) if you did more power to you... but I can tell without even pulling those auth codes that your scores were not even close in comparison to each other. And the auth code is not something that is saved... it is a mathematical equasion that is generated from the test score .. like say you got 2563 kbps (2563 / 50 - 28 * 65 / 23 + 5 / 15 * 155) just an example ~~ so those codes shouyld work.. but you need to put the "said score" in when checking.

Try to re-test buddy ~~ it's a server side error, but that is why I have more than one test server :)

- Damon

Guest Phatsam

OK I have tryed over and over and I still get the same thing. This last test I took was even faster then before. fast2.jpg

:evil: I found the server that was in error. :lol: Try again.

:twisted::twisted: I have also updated the script so that if this happens in the future, you just click re-test and the test script will offer up another testing link... from another server.

Thank you Phatsam and keep testing... :wink:

:?::idea: If you still have a problem, then there is a possiblity that whatever browser you are using is caching the test page... VERY highly unlikely since the way I wrote the script spoofs browser cacheing. But i guess if you had a wierd ass "make your browsing faster" crap add on that MIGHT happen... if that is the case DUMP that program, those are SO lame for broadband (bad ass for dial-up though) if you have a fast connection why would you want to cache everything and risk the chance of viewing old outdated pages??? But I seriously doubt this scenario.

-~~ Late Phatsam!

- :twisted: CA3LE6UY! :evil:

BAH, 165 Mbit ~~ wouldn't that be friggen sweet... 21Megabytes/SEC! BAH HA HA ~~ I would probably have a heart attack... too bad we are looking at MANY more years before that is realistically in peoples homes :roll:

• 1 month later...
Guest Mike Schulte

lol 165mb/sec wudnt help cuz most people's PCI bus cant go that fast anyways :P also after a certain degree of speed, it takes longer for your eye to see and interpurt the webpage than it does to load it :P for anything except downloading, 10mbps is WAY MORE than enough. [email protected]