Need Help FAST Please

wyantm06

I am rebooting a friends computer back to brand new. It is a Dimension 2350 and I am on the Dell site but have NO CLUE on what drivers to get. Sound doesn't work, screen only displays in 4 bit color and looks crappy ( running on my HP screen don't know if it makes a difference) but can someone help me get the right drivers to make it display correcting and get the sound to work? Thanks~

hi wyantm06

just put together E510 desktop last night (straight out of the new carton from Dell) and had similar problems, and to remedy them, had to connect to msn for windows updates (3x) and three different restarts and finally, sound worked correctly (video functioned correctly out of the box) 

for whatever that is worth, sorry don't have more to offer

Well I don't know if it is just displaying wrong because I have it hooked to my HP Monitor?? Should it set mine when I hook it to her Dell screen?? Wow the jobs I get into...Isn't there a driver I can download to fix the color bit?? It only has 4 bit on the list no more :(

wyantm06 : You can try this System Device manager under Display Adapter highlight & remove the display adapter.Next  under Monitors highlight & remove the monitor.Then reboot & let Windows detect the ones you have plugged in.If this doesn't work then you probably have an onboard graphics chip that you need the specific driver for.

You could try to update the display adapter driver to :(Standard display types) under manufacturers & Standard Display Adapter(VGA) under models in the update driver wizard.