HARD DRIVE HELP !!!

igarek77

Hi All

I have a quick question, I currently have a WinXP machine and the boot hard drive is coming close to being full, so I bought another hard drive from a local computer shop, didn't have a cd or anything, but I just placed it as a slave in my computer and when I go to my computer, the hard drive doesn't shoe up I only have the C: drive. when I go to device manager it says that the device is working properly, but i can't locate it in my computer, and when I went to system set up in BIOS it shows that it's a recognizable hard disk and is configured as slave...[glow=red,2,300]PLEASE HELP [/glow]:shock:

Hmmm did you try going into DOS and see if you can access the drive that way? it might also depend on the disk format... could be old drive NTFS and new drive FAT 32, it won't recoginize it. But if your new drive is NTFS and the old drive FAT 32, it should notice it. But I'm not a computer gurru, so it may be something else. Just thought I'd give you some info.

it's a Hitachi Deskstar. And I Already tried going through control panel, it scans the computer and tells me that the hard drive is already installed. I can't access it through DOS cause I don't know the drive letter. i'm sure the drive is NTFS but I might be wrong because I don't know if it has been formatted yet........any more suggestions ?