11 members have voted

1. 1. 6000 moving to 7000

• Still have 6000
    • Moved to 7000 from 6000
    • HUH

Do not recommend it heres why.....

1- download speed will not increase only upload if your lucky

2- pings are still 700-1200

3- its a gimmick to compete with Wildblue as well as for you to sign contract 15months

if you still decide to do it ..... buy the 7000 outright with no contract obligation, then if you don't like it sell it on ebay.

--made the upgrade Dec 1, 2005 wish I had give Wildblue a whirl. WB will be launching another sat in the late spring.

-- I use this DW7000 all hours of the day every day ....not impressed at all. So if your looking for faster speeds you need the Small Office Plan or higher !

That was kindof my thinking too...I asked Level 2 tech back in Jan when I had him on the phone about the difference between 6000 & 7000; he said wasn't much difference.  The installer that came out & checked my equipment last week said the same thing.  Think I'll stay with what I've got for now unless I decide to switch to WB.

-- I use this DW7000 all hours of the day every day ....not impressed at all. So if your looking for faster speeds you need the Small Office Plan or higher !

Sorry to say I just called office and they said my caps are supposed to be 500 Kbps, and the small business is supposed to be 1000. They want $99 instead of $59 now and i already get a little over 1000. They also say I have to purchase another $1000 in equipment to get small business plan, meaning additional money. WOW. They really blow. I already get that and they evidently just don't realize it.  :? :? :? :? :?:arrow:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1026 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 125 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Wed Feb 8 12:21:02 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.19 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 13.62 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-PR325AHCY

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha::arrow:

Not sure why they don't cap the home accounts as advertised, but to me thats also another fault on their part. Those that pay more should be getting faster speeds, but I have had both plans (pro and consumer) and the only difference is upload speed and FAP bucket. The business plans deliver faster speeds for more money, equipment as well as monthly fees, and believe a 24month deal.

Not sure why they don't cap the home accounts as advertised, but to me thats also another fault on their part. Those that pay more should be getting faster speeds, but I have had both plans (pro and consumer) and the only difference is upload speed and FAP bucket. The business plans deliver faster speeds for more money, equipment as well as monthly fees, and believe a 24month deal.

Fikester when you upgraded this time, did you go for the pro plan again or did you go for the consumer plan this time. Or is that the business plan, I get confused? :? :?

Tommie for having a 6000 consumer plan thats a heck of a nice speed

Thanks steve47906 for that compliment not sure if ok to acknowledge sometimes, others are pretty unhappy sometimes, and don't like to ruffle too many feathers. But like others it has a lot to be desired. And I mostly surf in the evenings.

Originally when I first signed one year ago I was DW6000 consumer account....then this year Dec 2005 I upgraded to the DW7000 as well as my plan to pro. But as I mentioned earlier my 6000 on the consumer account was pretty much 1000down 24/7 uploads were anywhere from 0-130 that was my main gripe with the 6000.

Definitely would not switch right now.  The 7000's seem to be a tad buggy. The NOC seems to be tweaking or changing things right now as well.  The rub about the 7000's is that they were intended for Europe and their KA band sats.  Due to wildblue's success they released them in America but many of the 7000's don't seem to have taken well to the KU band sats here.

For now it's a crap shoot to wether or not you'd see improvement or if you'd be filing complaints with the BBB like fikester.

I'd give Dway at least 3-6 months to get things straightened out before I'd even think about switching.

Originally when I first signed one year ago I was DW6000 consumer account....then this year Dec 2005 I upgraded to the DW7000 as well as my plan to pro. But as I mentioned earlier my 6000 on the consumer account was pretty much 1000down 24/7 uploads were anywhere from 0-130 that was my main gripe with the 6000.

So you are saying that you got the same speeds on the CONSUMER as you do on the PRO. Then why don't you save about $40 a month and go CONSUMER 7000? Just curious.

Same d/l same u/l less $$$$ ;)

So you are saying that you got the same speeds on the CONSUMER as you do on the PRO. Then why don't you save about $40 a month and go CONSUMER 7000? Just curious.

Same d/l same u/l less $$$$ ;)

I'm pretty sure the difference between Consumer and Pro on the 7000's are $10, not $40.

T Gorman, please direct me to the post where mentioned the pro account is $40 more  :whaa:

$10 difference for the pro account, so what you do get for the ten dollars is:

-- faster uploads usually / downloads the same

-- bigger FAP bucket now 350 instead of 169

-- understandable tech support/ still poor rated

what you do NOT get is

-- faster download speeds!

*note the regret is not upgrading to the pro account, the regret is upgrading to the the 7000

I have seen more than one post on here from consumer accounts getting over 1000 down as I did myself for a year on the consumer account. For downloads to go up your looking at small office or higher on Dway.

-- static is an extra 20 bucks unless you have business account, even Small office adds 20 for static IP

Get the pro and small business mixed up. Dway sales told me small business was the only way to increase my download speed and the prices were what he quoted me, does not mean he actually knew what he was talking about, sorry to misquote if I did. He said small business was $1000 equipment and $40 a month more. I said sorry to bother and goodbye! :mad2: :mad2: